Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caco-Puff

The best music to DooM too...

Whats everyones favourite music to DooM too? Judas Priest-Some Heads Are Gunna Roll is a good song,The rest of his songs are all pretty good too.Personally I think slower songs work a little better then really fast music for DooM.

Yeah slower. Usually Chicago or highlights from Steve Perry's Solo career are good choices. Earth Wind and Fire are also good, along with AQUA or the Venga boys.

Hmm... Mudvayne is a good adrenalin-pushing soundtrack(much more effective than bands like Slipknot), although I've been known to throw in my trance-ambient CD's for when it gets dark and quiet.

Try some Brian Eno if you're in the mood for it.

I sometimes have classical music on (mainly baroque music but others as well), for example Händel, Haydn, J.S. Bach, Telemann, Marcello, Albinoni, Corelli, Locatelli, Liszt, Pachelbel, Gluck, Schubert, Grieg, Tjajkovskij, Gershwin, Elgar.

Either that, or Psychedelic/Melodic Trance: MFG, Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom, Infinity Project, MWNN, Juno Reactor, X-Dream, Tiësto/Corsten/Gouryella, Armin v. Buuren, Gielen, and so on and so forth.

The classical music helps you keep cool when playing hectic maps, and the trance music helps you keep interest when playing slow and boring maps. :-)

The only music that I change while playing is E2M3 and map 10 of Plutonia. Neither of them fit in as game music. Other than that, I'd listen to the game music in most games that I play.

To be honest, I don't have anything against the original music, only it gets a bit repetitive, so I prefer to choose my own music when playing.

Ichor said:
You could try to finish the maps a little quicker.

I didn't mean repetitive as in "hanging around the same map for so long, the tune has looped 47 times". What I meant was I get tired of hearing the same tracks every time I play.

Fredrik said:
the 11^467221th hour :)

1th!? Hah! ;-)

I figured that's what you meant, heheh. That was a joke. As for the music being too repetitive, I know E1M1 can get old, since that's the music you hear more often then any other. Still, there is no way you can tell me that music like E1M5, E1M7, E2M4, and E2M6 gets repetitive. That's the kind of music that doesn't get old even in maps like Alien Vendetta 20 or some other enormous map.

Kristian Ronge said:

1th!? Hah! ;-)

No, I'm right. The decimal representation of the number (which FYI is 486561 digits long) ends with ...211, or "... two hundred eleventh".

Once in a while, I play with no music. Why? Because sometimes the sounds of low-pitched screams of agony and rapidly-issued bullets is a symphony in and of itself.

I highly recommend it. That or BUTTHEAD.WAD.

I most likely just listen to the music in the game for I like it. :D But I sometimes listen to my assorted Japanese songs, and Sonic Music while I play. :D

I despise having external music playing while I'm in DOOM. Even if I love the music that's playing; and if it has voices/lyrics, more so. When I tried running DOOM along with recorded music I've experienced weird effects; like, once I was messing with the DOOM alphas and listening to Draconian; now whenever I play that music (well, not always, but often), I envision the alphas' hallways and rooms in my mind.

The best music is music that's pretty much been made for the wad in question; Memento Mori and the originals are good examples of fine DOOM soundtracks. I don't really like it when a wad's music is an overly borrowed selection, like in Plutonia or many wads that take from other sources. Using "songs" (MIDIs or not), as opposed to music generated for the game, is generally tasteless too.

Music is, like the sounds and graphics, another key resource for DOOM's general feel, and it's always a boon when wad authors make an effort and add in new music specifically prepared for the wad. Even if the tracks aren't the best around, if they're custom made, they'll add a lot to the wad's particular style and feel.

everybody hates them........but Radiohead for me :P

I just cant stop listening to these songs:

Climbing up the Walls
Karma Police
High and Dry
Paranoid Android
Fake Plastic Trees
Knives Out

.......does anyone here like Radiohead?

(hears crickets) ....uh oh. :P

Misfits
Velvet Acid Christ
Amon Amarth
The Haunted
Gary Numan
Children of Bodom
Iron Maiden
Venom
Godflesh

To name a few

There's nothing like killing a horde of demons to the tune of "I come from a land down under...."(by Men at Work) It makes the whole experience very surreal, takes the edge off.

chubberz said:

everybody hates them........but Radiohead for me :P

I just cant stop listening to these songs:

Climbing up the Walls
Karma Police
High and Dry
Paranoid Android
Fake Plastic Trees
Knives Out

.......does anyone here like Radiohead?

(hears crickets) ....uh oh. :P

i just found another radiohead song i like!

Its Knives Out........!!!!!