Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Perrin

DESERT WARRIOR- REVIVAL

THAT'S FUCKIN' RIGHT!!!

I am restarting the Desert Warrior Project! I know many people looked forward to it, but not as many as there should have been! My ambitions for the project before were massive, and they still are!(but i'm not doing a whole TC now). Just hear me out on this new idea.

I am making everything(from weapons, enemies, effects, scripting, and sounds) except maps. Because, I suck at maps, and I'd like the maps to be very very good(lots of EDGE special features and added script by me).

So I'm asking for anyone, anyone who can map or map with EDGE features well, bring yourself forward(the other mapper I used to work with seems to have disappeared). I can provide textures, but if you can that's good too. Remember, I'm making everything first, then you can make maps if you wish!!

My big idea is this-- to have a Desert Warrior "Engine", if you will, and have anyone who can make maps, make maps for desert warrior, which i can touch up to work with scripting and stuff!!(Once I'm done all the other stuff, I'll have a new thing #'s list for download). This way, there's no pressure to make a TC or anything, just a kick ass way to play levels themed with anti-terrorism and the like.

I would however like someone who is willing to help me make the demo, a two-level one(training and mission 1).

This mod is going to have a lot of cool features, and many things that'll make this mod stand out and be extremely fun!

P.S. Don't take "Marines of UAC" as an example of what to expect in desert warrior. It was older work, and I've come a long way. Desert Warrior will be much, much,much, much,much, much,much, much, better in every respect. I just need some people willing to see this mod become AMAZING.

Thanks.

Yay. i'm now waiting for the delay caused by some virus/ laptop down the toilet...

EDIT: Forgot the most important part:

Nick Perrin, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done. And each time this happen, God kill a masturbator. So please think of the masturbators too.

Good show. I was wondering where this mod got to. I would offer my mapping talent, but I'm having a hard enough time finding time to work on my CChest2 map.

Mr. NobodX said:

Yay. i'm now waiting for the delay caused by some virus/ laptop down the toilet...

Luckily, i don't have a laptop.

And ido have some things to show, but i have to post them later(no time now, busy).

This mod will be kick ass when i've completed it, it'll be kickass even before that.:)

Scuba Steve said:

/me expresses how awesome a Conterstrike weapons mod for DooM would be!!

Blackfish is one step ahead of you- expect a very good cs weapons mod from him(I don't know how soon though).

Nick Perrin said:

Luckily, i don't have a laptop.

That would have been hilarious though: "My megacool project is cancelled because my laptop fell down the toilet!" OMG ROTFL LOL!!!!!!

But seriously, you shouldn't have announced the revival of your project mere moments after another one is delayed...

This project will be backed up on my part.

Edit: DAMN- since i came back, they took away the ability to make custom avatars(you need 99999 posts!). That blows, as i deleted my old custom crappy one(john mullins from SOF) to make a better animated Doom-themed one, and now i can't have a good custom avatar. DAMN.

Nick Perrin said:

This project will be backed up on my part.

Edit: DAMN- since i came back, they took away the ability to make custom avatars(you need 99999 posts!). That blows, as i deleted my old custom crappy one(john mullins from SOF) to make a better animated Doom-themed one, and now i can't have a good custom avatar. DAMN.

The reason it's "99999" posts is because of some forum bug that made the admins disable it.

So is there a possibility to have a custom avatar not having milions of posts? What about titles?

Well, apparently EDGE v1.28 is coming out soon, so if there are any new useful features in the new version, I'll probably have them in desert warrior.

so far, i've made some cool blood effects for the mod and i'm organizing weapon animations(very nice ones).

most mod progress will be recorded here from now on, just to keep you updated.

You're back! what's up? if you want to help out, then please do! I've learned a lot about DDF but i'm learning scripting stuff now, and the project is less massive but more ambitious now.

NOW ADDED:

Some new tunes, i'm not sure if i'll use pre-made ones or make some of my own.

Weapon graphics are being worked on for two weapons.

Blood effects finished(splatter enemy guts on the walls!).

Casing graphics for:
Rifles(5.56mm/7.62mm, it's all a matter of sprite scaling)
Pistols/SMG's(9mm)
Shotguns(Shells! Who can tell the difference between a 12-gauge and an 9-gauge when it's flying out of your gun anyway?)

Working on more effects, such as sparks, bulletholes, cool weapon effects.

Don't worry, I'm trying to make the weapons less monotonous in this game instead of going for realism. expect many custom deaths, too(always fun).

I need some ideas for good melee weapons though.

there's gonna be a lot of crap you can pick up in this mod that aren't necessarily weapons and that may prove useful.

Nick: I'm prolly will be able to start working on the rips tommorow. I had to finish cdoom's last guns today. Now I have to work on some other things.

(try to find some 1.6 models. I found a couple of good candidates)

AlexMax said:

Will the monsters scream "AWP WHORE!!!!!" when you kill them?

No, they scream "u hak", "aimbotter" and once in a while, "steam suxxors" and "lagggggg".

The rest is all l33tsp34k...

AlexMax said:

Here, you can use this WAV in your wad, but you have to include me in your project.

http://alexmax2742.homestead.com/files/omglag.wav

EDIT: Overly fecicious line removed.

SWEEEEET.

Maybe an easter egg in the demo will have this.

Oh yeah, and this game won't be much like counterstrike except for weapon and enemy graphics(custom ones, anyway, so it won't be the same as counterstrike's).

Ralphis said:

Finally, this mod so ranked at the top of my list next to doom gigallennium and doom3

explain...? do you have something against it? the plans for it are much different now, it will be good...

Ralphis said:

If you can read, i said I wanted it you read-tard hahahahahaha lol ;PP

It sounded sarcastic, that's why I was wondering.

Nick Perrin said:

It sounded sarcastic, that's why I was wondering.

It sounds like your scacasem meter is broken. I was the one being sarcastic and fecicious and you didn't catch on, yet Ralphis is making your wad out to be the next mock2 or 2dmaps, which is a big deal.

I think you owe both of us an apology.

AlexMax said:

...Ralphis is making your wad out to be the next mock2, which is a big accomplishment...

the sarcasm must stop!!!!

Nick Perrin said:

the sarcasm must stop!!!!

I'm not being sarcastic when I say that you owe both of us an apology.