Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fwank

snipping in doom?...

How is possible to use a sniper rifle with zooming feature(crosshair etc)?It something that i find interesting in my humble opinion.Ah, something important: because i'm newbie in zdoom editing, please give me detailed instructions,if that is possible of course...Thanks in advance anyway

It has never been done, and I can't think of any way it could be possible.

PERHAPS I would imagine this MIGHT be MAYBE possible in edge.

Ichor said:

Isn't there some way to change the FOV in ZDoom like in Quake?

Yes. And you do that by changing the value of FOV.

Then it shouldn't be too difficult to add a script function for changing the FOV. Not only would it be good for zooming in (good for binoculars), but it could also produce bizarre visual effects (like drunkeness or dizzyness) if you zoom out past the default.

Zooming is possible with Legacy. All you have to do is enable it in the autoexec.cfg.

Linguica said:

I don't think a ACS script can change the player's FOV?

I thought Randy recently added a run console command function in ACS? Or actually, that might have been a return value of cvar function - agh, I can't remember.

Rellik said:

Zooming is possible with Legacy. All you have to do is enable it in the autoexec.cfg

And it's so goddamn annoying. Everytime a new version of Legacy comes out, I accidentally overwrite my carefully constructed, partially hand-written autoexec.cfg file.

Enjay's marine assault had a railgun with a zoom feature. It was for zdoom. I dont remember the filename off hand though.

Epyo said:

PERHAPS I would imagine this MIGHT be MAYBE possible in edge.

It's possible with EDGE. Go play Covert Ops.

Or Immoral Conduct for that matter. IIRC, it had a sniper rifle with a zoom function.

DooMBoy said:

Or Immoral Conduct for that matter. IIRC, it had a sniper rifle with a zoom function.

Not the newest versions. Another two EDGE mods with sniper rifles are MOUAC by Nick Perrin and Lizard's Legacy by Lizardcommando. Both have sniper-weapons that both zoom in and have a custom scope "view."

I suppose you could make all the weapons look like a huge black box with a hole in the middle, then each weapon would have a separate FOV for each separate level of zoom. That sounds like a plan.