Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fusion

Doomnation, Doomshack still online! =)

Oh my goodness! Thank God you told us this news, kind sir, as we never knew of this wonderful site you speak of!

heh i realize a lot of you prolly know about that link.. but many don't, so i felt like posting about it =o

BlackFish said:

I remember doomshack when I was a kid. Good find! :D

the ironing is delicious

It's a very useful site, and people do seem to forget about it (and how powerful it is) sometimes. Better to hear about it twice than not at all.

Anyone remember DoomFreaks's.. uh.. freakouts?

"Sunday, November 12th
It's because of you lazy ass-radishes of the doom community, not fucking updating your lousy, useless review pages that I never have anything to write about! I fucking hate you, I fucking hate you, I fucking hate you.. I hope your balls rot out of your asses!
-Doomfreak
"

Good times..

Opulent said:

How does one know what DN and Doomshack are and not know web.archive?
seems contradictory.

By using a search engine, they find sir Robin castle or some other doom related site. In the link section they find a (dead) link to doomshack. Since there're so many ( with positive comments) death links to these sites, the names must be more famous then the websites

Heh, Doomnation used to be my homepage. I didnt really know about Doomworld at that time.

I remember reading about Millenium there and thinking "omg id is making a new doom game" :P

Ed said:

Haha yeah I remember that. He was always happy when I send him some news :P

Whoa look, the last update is even about my site :D

Ed said:

haha totally, here's an article I wrote for DD way back when (then?):

Cyb from 1998ish said

The Golden Damnit

The First Winner Awarded

We here at Doom, Damnit! are not just about making fun of the shortcomings of others (though that is the major thing we deal in) but we're about celebrating the tallcomings of others if you will. That is why the Golden Damnit has been invented. What is the Golden Damnit? Well, perodicaly (aka, when I can't think of another editorial subject, or every issue maybe, I dunno) DD will be awarding an outstanding member of the Doom Community (or possibly someone outside the community if it's funny) the Golden Damnit for their contributions to the great game of Doom.

This issue's winner is none other than the head news guy at Doom Shack (link) and Doom News, DoomFreak:

Ahh DoomFreak, he who has spent countless times telling webmasters of their respective sites to get off their lazy asses and update the friggin' things. Most people find this to be horribly, horribly annoying and agitating beyond all things which are sacred and holy. They claim things such as "It's a news site, he's supposed to report on who updated, not who DIDN'T update." and "Maybe if he looked for news harder he'd find some." and "DoomFreak is a moron, someone smack him!". But, think about it, if DoomFreak didn't tell us to update our pages day in, day out, time and time again, over and over until we all went insane, then who would?

Yeah, can't come up with an answer can you? Neither could I. DoomFreak, this one goes out to you. Thanks for pissing everyone off to the point where they update their pages just to get you to stop bitching. DoomFreak, I salute you!

DoomFreak, truly a god amongst men

I remember Doomshack, Doomnation was before my time, but still good to know. Now I'm wondering where DoomHQ is at

BlackFish said:

I was 9 back then.

The point is you're still a kid. Does it have to be spelled out for you any clearer?

Heh, oh the memories. Jeff (aka doomfreak) was a funny caracter. We mailed eachother a bit after Doomshack went down and he said he was gonna make a new page. But then he disappeared..

Ohwell.. I remember when I came around to find Doomshack. I was such a noob back then. :p Got pissed off cause noone took me serious. and all that shit. But I made some friends. Like Doomfreak, and TLD Sigh.. Nowadays I'm a cynical basterd that hates people for their shortcomings...

I always took you seriously and your Unholy Software site always had some nice quality to it. Just back then some basrads were acting kind of snobby.

Mancubus II said:

The point is you're still a kid. Does it have to be spelled out for you any clearer?

And the point I'm making now is that you're dumbfucks for even bothering to question what he said when its very simple.

Mancubus II said:

OWNED!!!one

Actually, PMS'D is more likely.

Gokuma: Thanks. :) Well you're right I guess. There were alot of nice people and then there were the snobby ones.. Just that the snobby ones made more of a noise. ;)

I saw my first screenshot of securitron 3 on doomnation, still waiting for it

Also the doom millenium webpage was hosted there, back when it had info about the weapons and stuff (The ruby plasma gun, the dual pistols, the life drainer and the flying ant gun!)

kain said:

man doomworld was cool back in 99. lol.

Yea, none of us had to read your illegible bullshit yet

I remember Doomnation but not Doomshack. I always figured Doomworld and Doomnation were the last two good Doom sites left or something, then around the time I found the DW messageboards, more sites began popping up. I think I originaly found Slige from a link on Doomnation then Doomworld from a link on the Slige site. Myabe I have it backwards.