Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bryant robinson

stuck with a zdoom hexen format wad

Hey! I had just converted my map to zdoom hexen format. Once a wad has been converted to zdoom hexen format,is there anyway to convert the level back to regular doom format? I somehow screwed up and deleted my original doom format wad and now i'm stuck with just the converted zdoom wad.

Thanks!
Bryant robinson

In both WadAuthor and Doom Builder you just can copy your whole map in the clipboard, then make a Doom format map and paste it in there. Probably works in Deepsea too, but I didn't try.

You'll probably lose a bunch/all line specials which don't exist in Doom format maps.

Although he could copy/paste in DeePsea, doesn't have to. Just open the Level in a DOOM2 project and it will automatically convert formats. All the specials and tags can remain, although he'll have to manually change the specials back - at least they are there to see. (This will be automated to some extent later, but obviously scripts can't be done).

I had to do that once myself - not terribly hard. Just compare the 2 levels in their respective formats (both open at the same time) and grunt through it.