Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hyena

Latest.wad

Ultraviolet said:

Grazza, you're far too kind. Tony is a jackass who knows virtually nothing about Freedoom and is taking his ignorance out on everyone. Stop playing moderator and start flaming. :D

Why, is this one of those Democratic forum ?

Grazza, sorry I miss that and sorry about the size of the image, I was sent to this forum by the freedoom website, not the forum.

Hey, if there was no jDoom shots on the freedoom website, I wouldn't be asking this.

I look at the maps and notice that there's other levels beyond that, what's going on with level 3, why is there a block wall when I open the last door ?

The author of map03 just didn't finish it (yet?). Resources are added to FreeDoom as they come in. You can see FreeDooms status here. There are at least 14 completed maps.

Check the Deutex tree and you'll find that map03 is completely different now and almost done, infact I'm going to finish it up today come hell or high water.

I've replaced the southwest area a little bit and am currently getting the textures finalised.

You should check the deutex tree more often.

I do check the duetex tree, but I didn't know maps that weren't finish were put in.

How long does it take for texture be added on the duetex ? The waiting is killing me.

Patience is:

A. A Virtue.
B. All of the Above
C. None of the Left
D. All the beans in Mexico

(I suppose I shouldn't talk because I started this thread with an impatient plea, but come on, it's fun to flame the n00bs.)

the FreeDoom page says:
To keep up with freedoom development, you can get the latest "bleeding edge" freedoom material in the latest.wad file. This contains all new material since the last release.

I just try the latest wad and I must say it's seems like a whole new game, good work :) I'm testing out some of my hi flats I made, some blend nicely and some don't so I keep at it.

tony said:

Hey, if there was no jDoom shots on the freedoom website, I wouldn't be asking this.

You're right, that is quite misleading. The site is being reworked at the moment, they will be dropped from it.

If you want to play the single player levels to their full glory, consider using either boom, prboom, legacy, zdoom, eternity, smmu, and no doubt many other boom compatible source ports.

The resistance to include boom support in jdoom despite patches, requests, the de-facto standardness of the boom source base and the vast majority of new doom levels requiring boom supports just goes to show how removed jdoom is from the community.

However, its only the levels that are an issue - using custom PWADs with freedoom on jdoom is fine (and really, thats the point of freedoom)

Thanks Jon, I take some snapshots of 3d Risen, since they are boom compatable would you consider on showing them ? I'll take some snap shots for you to put them up there.

tony said:

Thanks Jon, I take some snapshots of 3d Risen, since they are boom compatable would you consider on showing them ? I'll take some snap shots for you to put them up there.

Yeah that would be cool.

boris said:

Maybe the new FreeDoom page should have a list of Boom compatible ports.

Good idea.

Maybe even a list of ports Freedoom specifically *won't* work with, for the really idiotic amongst us.

Hey, uh, I don't mean to call whoever did map13 a bad mapper or anything, but...Freedoom map13 sucks! It doesn't look like a city, in fact it looks like some noob's first level. Who's responsible for it?

DooMBoy said:

Hey, uh, I don't mean to call whoever did map13 a bad mapper or anything, but...Freedoom map13 sucks! It doesn't look like a city, in fact it looks like some noob's first level. Who's responsible for it?

Someone called "Lurker". It's indeed a rather crappy map, but crappy resources can always be replaced with better ones.

So it's crappy, as long it's complete, more flats, patch and Risen3D snapshots uploaded.

boris said:

Someone called "Lurker". It's indeed a rather crappy map, but crappy resources can always be replaced with better ones.

We don't start considering quality until we have all the resources replaced (even if they are crap). With very few exceptions.

So it's crappy, as long it's complete

Indeed.