Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
READ THE FAQ

new stuff

No, everyone will instantly switch to Doom 3 and learn how to make 3d maps and buy 3dstudio max to make high poly models and polybump textures.

Crono said:

you won't need 3d studiomax...

Doomworld needs to come bundled with a free sarcasm detector for every new user, and an exam on how to use it.

Yes, everyone will abandon Doom 1/2 for Doom 3... And when that happens, I WILL CONTROL THE ENTIRE DOOM COMMUNITY!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Seriously, though, are you serious? Have you TRIED mapping for any of the newer engines, such as Quake 3 or something? It's absolutely insane. Even if you DO figure out architecture and stuff, which is extreme difficult given the amount of freedom you have to just do basically whatever the heck you want, you've still got to contend with weird things like shaders and whatnots. Hell, Doom editing is complicated enough for me, thank you very much.

True. An individual can still make a competent TC for Doom without much help. Modding for recent games requires a team. Most Doom fans are sociopaths, so that doesn't compute.

As we all are going to forget Doom and Doom 2...

I´m going to make a huge total conversion for Doom 3, I don't have a plot yet but i will be kewl, I'm going to learn how to program and do the textures (I'm really good in MS paint) but I will need programers and people who know about sound and music an composers and the game will rock!!! Also people who's good at making maps. (It will be great if the can use dinamic lights and doors) The game will be kewl.
If you are interested contact me at kewlmod@newbiedoomer.com
_______

I'm tired...

Alboroto said:

As we all are going to forget Doom and Doom 2...

I´m going to make a huge total conversion for Doom 3, I don't have a plot yet but i will be kewl, I'm going to learn how to program and do the textures (I'm really good in MS paint) but I will need programers and people who know about sound and music an composers and the game will rock!!! Also people who's good at making maps. (It will be great if the can use dinamic lights and doors) The game will be kewl.
If you are interested contact me at kewlmod@newbiedoomer.com

Um, aren't you aware that people aren't willing to join a project which doesn't at least have some screenshots to show off?

Do yourself a favour (and avoid further ridicule - I sense a lot coming this way soon) and do some actual work in the areas you yourself can handle until you've got stuff to show, show it, THEN ask for help.

Crono said:

if you have at least 3 OTHER peple by the time christmas comes around...i will help make maps...seriously

THAT WOULD BE SOOOO KEWL

dsm said:

Um, aren't you aware that people aren't willing to join a project which doesn't at least have some screenshots to show off?

Do yourself a favour (and avoid further ridicule - I sense a lot coming this way soon) and do some actual work in the areas you yourself can handle until you've got stuff to show, show it, THEN ask for help.

rofl.

Yeahhh...

SO, to answer Crono here, YES. There will be Doomers (especially HERE) who will continue to not only play but also customize and "WAD" the original Doom games.

For the love of Christ...will someone please close this damn thread...

Alboroto said:

I can't someone was actually believing what I posted there...

Heh, you fooled two people. And one of them was intelligent.

Sure people will still use doom. I mean doom's not dead there are source ports like zdoom and eternity and games like RTC-3057 that keep doom alive. Besides making levels, etc for doom 3 will probably be fucking hard.

I expect that a part of the oldschool Doom community won´t like Doom3 all that much. They probably soon will start to complain about this and that, the player speed, the weapons, the look of the monsters...

Tetzlaff said:

I expect that a part of the oldschool Doom community won´t like Doom3 all that much. They probably soon will start to complain about this and that, the player speed, the weapons, the look of the monsters...

"Will soon start to complain"? It seems to me that they're already busy complaining :-P

dsm said:

"Will soon start to complain"? It seems to me that they're already busy complaining :-P

Yeah, which is unfortunate. Doom 3 looks to be a spectacular game, and whoever says otherwise just because it isn't enough like the originals needs to pull their heads out of the proverbial ass of nostalgia. Come on people...the original Doom games were badass, and I love 'em, but they're not perfect games to be worhsipped above all others. There are things about them that are great that I'm sure the new one WON'T have, just as I am sure that there are going to be great new things about Doom 3 that we love more than the original...say, the visuals? ;-p