Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SyntherAugustus

New Nvidia 56 drivers

I'm still back in the 4.5.* area as far as the drivers go... last time I updated, some games would lock up, but perhaps I'll test my luck again..

Yesterday I upgraded from 29.42 to 53.03. Personally I haven't had a need to upgrade NVIDIA drivers (since almost all of them above 29.42 suck) until I realised that you can overclock your video card in the more recent drivers.

I will see if this does any better in the UT2K4 demo, I get an average of 35-40 FPS with all eye candy at max @ 800x600x32bpp

demonomania said:

Yesterday I upgraded from 29.42 to 53.03.

I actually got a decent speed increase with that set, when my GF3 was alive. On this GF2 though, nothing makes a shit of difference.

I've been wary about switching to the Forceware drivers for a while. I jumped from 12.xx to 24xx to 42.xx and I've been using those since, The one time I did use the 50's, it screwed around the computer no-end, so I reverted. Alot of people say ATI'S Drivers suck, but personally I think Nvidia's are extremely hit/miss.

I've tried upgrading mine, but none of them ever will since I have this GeForce 2Go card in my laptop (the only comp with an nVidia chip I have). I believe I'm stuck in the 15.xx era.

And I've always thought ATI drivers, at least the ones I've used, work extremely well. I've yet to have a problem with them and I get great framerates. I've been hearing lately that nVidia drivers are pretty bad ever since the 50.xx ones came out.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

I actually got a decent speed increase with that set, when my GF3 was alive. On this GF2 though, nothing makes a shit of difference.

I just changed back to 29.42, as I was getting way too many texture errors (in Steam and Quake 3 particularly) with 53.03.

DJ_Haruko said:

And I've always thought ATI drivers, at least the ones I've used, work extremely well. I've yet to have a problem with them and I get great framerates. I've been hearing lately that nVidia drivers are pretty bad ever since the 50.xx ones came out.

Personally, every single driver I've used after 29.42 (all the WHQL certified drivers) have been nothing but unstable. The 29.42 drivers may only support 60hz refresh, but RivaTuner can easily fix that little problem.