• Flak cannon
    • GES BioRifle
    • Cerebral bore from Turok 2
    • Golden Gun from Goldeneye
    • Nailgun from Quake
    • BFG 9000 from Doom
    • Anthrax cow head from Postal 2
    • Other

In all of that 3d shooters that you've played, which is the most revolutionary/original/unique weapon you've used? Personally, my favorite is the flak cannon from Unreal/UT/UT2k3/UT2k4.

None of the above. All your choices suck.

The most "revolutionary" weapon is the Doom shotgun, because it was the first FPS shotgun and opened the door for every FPS ever made to have a shotgun on the 3 key.

Most unique weapon: is there any weapon you don't have to aim? Because that would be unique.

The Hexen wraithverge didnt quite require any aiming.

I remember the Duke3D pipebombs being really impressive for their time. I hadnt played any game before that that had such a weapon.

Szymanski said:

Duke had the shrinker and freeze ray which were cool

Yes they were, I forgot about these guns! The gun which enlarged enimies was sweet too! :)

A board with nails in it. No weapon can be "revolutionary". It can be unique, but if its goal is still to maim or kill, its not doing anything revolutionary, its just doing the same old same old in a unique way.

BFG, no doubt

-unique to id's games
-unrealistic
-creative
-extraordinary from most FPS games
-powerful
-multi-ways to play with it(for humor, tricks,...etc)

The greatest weapon ever created!

Revolutionary - Shotgun from doom. No friggin doubt. I mean, pretty much every other FPS has a shotgun in the 3 spot these days.

Unique - Any weapon from the South Park FPS. Most notable: the cow launcher in multiplayer and the effective use of a chicken as a sniper rifle.

I don't think I really bother to look if a weapon is "unique" or "revolutionary". All I care about is whether or not the guns are useful and/or fun/cool to use.

So far, my favorites are in no particular order:
- The Doom shotgun. Surprisingly, I like this gun better than the db shotgun in Doom 2 (but that doesn't mean I use it more).

- The Doom 2 db shotgun.

- The Flak Cannon. Right now, I seem to like UT2004's version the best.

- The Chaingun or most "minigun-style machineguns". Favorites are the Q2 chaingun, AvP's Minigun and the RtCW Venom Gun. Here's hoping that Doom 3's chaingun will own all of those three.

- Gotta admit that I've got an affinity for pistols, despite their 'uselessness' compared to all other guns. Doom's and Wolf3d's are the best so far. Oh and Half Life's good too.

- The Doom Plasma Rifle.

- Blood's Flare Gun (NOT the cheapo piece of dogshit in Blood 2).

- Timon's Axe from HeXen.

- The Doom Chainsaw

- The Wraithverge from HeXen.

- The Quietus from HeXen.

- The Firestorm spell from HeXen.

- The Arc of Death spell from HeXen.

- Blood's shotgun. Admittedly, it's just another weapon originated from Doom, but I love the way this one works. *BLA-BLAMM! Chuck-chack!*

I might've forgotten a few, but so far, that's a pretty long list already.

Ubik said:

Metal Slug 3's zombie blood vomit cannon > *.*

THAT was awesome.

I really think the Duke Nukem Shrink ray is probably the most unique weapon ever created for a(n?) fps. No game has ever had one before now will ever again for fear of "ripping off" Duke Nukem 3D. Simply hilarious to point it at someone and watch them shrink down to mere inches in size while you chase around trying to step on them... hahaha great stuff.

Turok rage wars had some kind of "alien chest burster" weapon.

Unreal 2's spider gun is cool. I like shooting it at friendlies and watching them run around and scream...get 'em off! get 'em off!
Actually...I like to harass the friendlies in any way possible as much as possible in any game I can.

Unreal 2 also has that railgun/wierd plasma beam thing that started fires. I thought that one LOOKED cool

The shrinker in Duke3d was probably the most ingenious weapon I'd come across at that point. The other weapon which stayed with me as an all-time favourite and original weapon was the flaregun in Blood, although admittedly aided by the incredible screaming noises.

The Dodge Ball - so many badass ways to throw it.

Hey, that would probably make a pretty damn cool deathmatch mod. Now watch some asshat post an annoying overused tag now.

I always liked the Farsight in Perfect Dark

A railgun that can fire highly lethal projectiles through walls and has an X-ray scope so you can snipe through them.
(Actually, now that I think of it, I think the movie Eraser had the same thing, except it was rapid fire for some stupid reason and Arnold was holding one in each hand for some stupid reason and he was able to actually hit what he was aiming at for some stupid reason)

And you can't say that Doom's shotgun is a revolutionary weapon. It was the first time a shotgun was used in a FPS, but by that logic, you might as well be saying that the pistol was revolutionary in Wolfenstein.

Oh, and the Wraithverge from Hexen is pretty original. (I know dsm already mentioned this, but meh)

Blood's Voodoo Doll and Life Leech were quite original. Just poke the Voodoo Doll a few times and watch the enemies disintegrate, but if there's no one around, it hurts you. As for the Life Leech, if it runs out of ammo, it uses your own health to power it, which essentially gives you nearly infinte ammo if you have enough spirit armor to absorb the damage.

The Tiberium weapons from C&C Renegade, for the small chance of turning a weak human enemy into a Tiberium mutant.

The kitten bomb from NOLF2 for comedy value.

Well this weapon is not unique or anything but I really like the Duke3D chaingun.

I always liked MDK's "World's Most Interesting Bomb". A big birthday present that ticks ominously, which all the enemies crowd around to look at, with predictable results.

Other favorites were from the Perfect Dark arsenal. Namely the Cyclone, with it's "Empty Magazine" alt-fire, and the best reload ever (You "feed" a cartridge in one hole, and the empty case comes out another), the Farsight XR20 (For the aformentioned wallhacking. Always fun in multiplayer) and the N-Bomb, which is the cheapest weapon ever.

And the Turok 2 Cerebral Bore ruled.