Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CelT

Bestbuy says : 7 - 13 - 2004

Scabbed Angel said:

: ( I'm just making an observation we can all agree on. THERE IS NO DOOM 3!

Will someone shut him up. It seems that I've read this in almost every frickin' thread I've looked at within the last few days.

Anyway...As always, I'll hope that this release date is true, and not just another yank on the balls...Oh well, at least now I have more time to upgrade my graphics card...

High Flyin' Ryan said:

It is probably not a hoax. If Best Buy says it's the release date, then it probably is.

Heh heh you are teh funny. They also said it was coming out last July. ; P And several other dates after that, but you're right it probably is right.

Prime said:

Will someone shut him up. It seems that I've read this in almost every frickin' thread I've looked at within the last few days.

You must not have looked at much as I only said it three times and it was today, and twice was in this thread. *coughdumbasscough*

EDIT:THERE IS DOOM 3!

Scabbed Angel said:

You must not have looked at much as I only said it three times and it was today, and twice was in this thread. *coughdumbasscough*

EDIT:THERE IS DOOM 3!

Actually, you're right, I've only been to a few threads in the past two days, and they both had the same "Doom 3 doesn't exist" statement in them.

As for the dumbass part...You REALLY don't want to start anything with me. I'm not partial to loud-mouthed newbs by any means, so in the event that you decide to begin an arguement, know that you will NOT win, and you're liable to be eaten alive. Thanks.

To get back on topic, though, I'd be willing to trust the Best Buy date...I've never been disappointed with them before regarding this kind of thing.

Prime said:

Actually, you're right, I've only been to a few threads in the past two days, and they both had the same "Doom 3 doesn't exist" statement in them.

Well I consider jumping to conclusions and throwing your mouth off about something minute = a 'dumbass' thing to do. If the shoe fits and all.

Prime said:

As for the dumbass part...You REALLY don't want to start anything with me. I'm not partial to loud-mouthed newbs by any means, so in the event that you decide to begin an arguement, know that you will NOT win, and you're liable to be eaten alive. Thanks.

Even aside from the hugely obvious joking *coughcough* envelope, it would have been hard to miss that I meant that in a small way. One's exhaggerated comment does not mean they are a DUMBASS as a whole, but you appear to be 2 in 2 right now. Nice cheap shot with the "n00b" point. As I've been here almost a year, am a Forum Regular (And I consider participation more important to status than time... simply put: If your here 5 years and post once, or almost a year and are a forum regular who's more of a newbie?), so I hardly consider myself a "loud-mouthed newb", but then again you've already proven your finely sharpened observational skills and how very not loud-mouthed you are in your passed two posts. I don't wish to start an argument with anyone, and I'm sorry you took a slight joke way to seriously. As far as who would win, thanks for the warning; but I hate to crush what seems like a hugely bloated ego, but that has yet to be seen and if we are both mature, perhaps we don't even need to. Fair enough oh quiet spoken, rational non-newb that my newbness could never hope to match? Peace out man.

PS:

Prime said:

To get back on topic, though, I'd be willing to trust the Best Buy date...I've never been disappointed with them before regarding this kind of thing.

See my earlier post. They have posted MULTIPLE release dates. Did it come out for you at those times too?

Scabbed Angel said:

Nice cheap shot with the "n00b" point. As I've been here almost a year, am a Forum Regular(mute button)

Well, he did say "Newb", but I'm sure he meant "n00b". Being a newbie isn't so much slander as it is a general term for someone who's new(thank you Professor). N00bs, though, are an entirely different sort. And it's possible that one could be a n00b regardless of tenure.

Prime said:

Sheesh, relax Prime, simmer down - it could've been far more annoying.

As for this "release date thing", I don't believe it before it's news out of Id's own goddamn mouth. I've seen plenty of "Best Buy release dates" that ended up having zero bearing on reality.

I wish people would shut up about them so-called "release dates".

Oh and Scabbed Angel, please shut up will ya. Or at least cut down on the "lame joke" bombardment - it's getting tiring enough even if you've only said whatever you said thrice.

There's no official release date from id yet, so shut up and stop speculating, because that's all it is - SPECUFUCKINGLATION.

dsm said:

Oh and Scabbed Angel, please shut up will ya. Or at least cut down on the "lame joke" bombardment - it's getting tiring enough even if you've only said whatever you said thrice.

*sniff sniff* Okay. To be quite honest, I woke up yesterday and was on my way to work and it dawned on me "Doom 3 has been in the works for between 3-4 years. It's been a year since I didn't download or play the illegally leaked alpha... *ahem*..." I was suddenly filled with a terrible sense and longing that Doom 3 would never come out. I'm sorry my mentioning it 3 times annoyed some people, but I'd like to blame it on a few moments of desparation and id software. [end comment]

EDIT:

Numbmind said:

Well, he did say "Newb", but I'm sure he meant "n00b". Etc Etc

Sorry for the misquote, but isn't it a little hard to see the forest for the trees?

Awww, tough times. Poor Scabbed Angel has a hard time because he can't wait.

No I'm better today. The SH4 trailer is out, so that should help. I had a plan (or a hope) last August: That HL2 would come out as PROMISED on Sep 30th and would serve as an appetizer for my beloved Doom 3 until December. This was not the case. There are no games that currently intersting me except GTA3 (and you can only beat it so many times) and I just got Fallout 1 and 2 again yesterday. So ... SH4 vid, FO1&2. After that Woe to thee of Forums of Doomworld. . . Woe... J/k.

PS. Its really sad that I need to add the 'J/K'.

Scabbed Angel said:

PS. Its really sad that I need to add the 'J/K'.

Not really. This is text, so we can't hear the tone of your voice.

Scabbed Angel said:

See my earlier post. They have posted MULTIPLE release dates. Did it come out for you at those times too?

I was referring to other games, movies, etc.

And no, I wasn't aware of Best Buy having multiple release dates for Doom 3.

TH-555 said:

AGAIN, there is NO DOOM3! for windows anyway. the xbx version is still out there tho

What?

TH-555 said:

AGAIN, there is NO DOOM3! for windows anyway. the xbx version is still out there tho

Listen, do us a favour and quit posting misinformation, even if it's just meant as a lameass joke, huh? Everyone knows that Doom 3 is being developed primarily for the PC - that means Windows bucko.
It's common sense and proper use of a market analysis (and I'm pretty sure the market analysis says that most PC users out there have windows).

TH-555 said:

Zoost said:

Finally, a release date we can rely on!!

Can people really be this lame and stupid?