Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dron

Edge Editor

Dron said:

Anyone know a _good_ editor for editing in Edge?

The same ones as for any other source port?
The only problem I see is a potential lack of an EDGE config so you might have to create one yourself.

Graf Zahl said:

What's missing?

When it asks me what port I want to use it has zdoom, etc but not Edge. So I can't do the Edge scripting, 3D floors, etc.

Dron said:

When it asks me what port I want to use it has zdoom, etc but not Edge. So I can't do the Edge scripting, 3D floors, etc.

Well, you have to make your own config then. It seems none exists yet...

Graf Zahl said:

Well, you have to make your own config then. It seems none exists yet...

Wait for Lobo show up.

I only played with Builder a little bit (and just before a hard drive format) so I'm afraid I have almost no experience with this level editor. /me makes a mental note to reinstall and give it a good trying-out.

However I have extracted the doom2.cfg file from the zip and it seems extremely straight forward to create an edge.cfg adding in the all the edge specific stuff (Pascal vd Heiden god bless ya for nice config file structure!). I've done similar TC config files for wadauthor.

I would do it myself but I'm up to my ass in Work/Pregnant wife/Life but if I have a bit of time and I'm bored I could do one. But I can't say when that will be, so it might be an idea to do it yourself.

Just to complicate things still further my site is down at the moment so even if I did it today, i couldn't upload it to the web. It's not to do one yourself though: just copy the doom2.cfg and rename it to edge.cfg and then open it up in notepad or whatever and start adding in sector/linedef/powerups/keys

Dont forget to change game = "Doom 2" to "Edge" or Doom Builder will reject one of the two configurations because the name must be unique. And I cannot be held responsible for any errors or odd behavior of the editor when you use your own or modified configuration files. Just so you know, dont come to me when it stops working.

OK, I had a bit of free time this evening and I decided that it was about time Edge got it's own Doom Builder config file :)

This took me longer than I thought. I had forgotten that Edge had so many bloody line types!! I have implemented ALL the sector and line types, and have also added thing entries for the nitevison goggles and the jetpack.

I accept no responsability for this config file, nor do I even garantee that it will work, since I haven't actually tested it myself.

Have fun. You can get it here:
http://galeon.com/firstgen/download_files/edgeconfig.zip

I was talking to Ryan Hart (don't remember his name here in the community) on msn yesterday, and he found a link to an edge config file for Doom Builder. I brought it home (don't have internet at home yet, i just moved out) from school, and it screwed everything up. Even the other ports wouldn't work :-/

This configuration doesnt work :( It seems to be based on a configuration from an old Doom Builder version. If it would work, it would have very ugly names for lines and such anyway (someone has a capslock addiction?). :(

Take the file out and it will work again.

CodeImp said:

This configuration doesnt work :( It seems to be based on a configuration from an old Doom Builder version.

oops. Sorry, must have an old version.

if it would work, it would have very ugly names for lines and such anyway (someone has a capslock addiction?).

Someone is too lazy to type all those line descriptions so he just cut&pasted :)

Anyway, don't worry: I've learned my lesson, I won't bother trying to help anyone again.