Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hopelessness

Animated Flats

I have two questions:

I have a set of flats numbered one through ten that I want to go through an animated sequence. How do I do this?

I know a bit about this (but not specifically) which brings me to my second question:

What if I want to animate more flats than there are originally animated flats in Doom 2? If I'm not mistaken I must compose some sort of script that tells the flats to start as Nukage1 or Blood1 or something else that is animated already. However, I have ten plus sets of flats I want to animate.

Thank you for your time.

I'd like to interject a qick question on this subject if I may...

Dose this apply to doom ingeneral, or only the source ports like ZDooM and Skulltag?

I have another question that is related to the animated aspect of this thread that I couldn't seem to find anything on at the ZDoom web-site.

I have a series of things (torches, monsters, etc.) that I want to animate. However, in the case of the scenery, I have more things to animate than there are currently in Doom 2. In the case of the monsters I have more sprites (generally death sequences) than Doom 2 currently offers. Which means I wouldn't be able to use all of the animated scenery I currently have and when an enemy dies, it would look odd since some of the frames are missing.

Again, if someone would be kind enough to explain this for me or simply post a link to a tutorial, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Hopelessness said:

I have another question that is related to the animated aspect of this thread that I couldn't seem to find anything on at the ZDoom web-site.

I have a series of things (torches, monsters, etc.) that I want to animate. However, in the case of the scenery, I have more things to animate than there are currently in Doom 2. In the case of the monsters I have more sprites (generally death sequences) than Doom 2 currently offers. Which means I wouldn't be able to use all of the animated scenery I currently have and when an enemy dies, it would look odd since some of the frames are missing.

Again, if someone would be kind enough to explain this for me or simply post a link to a tutorial, I'd greatly appreciate it.

If you want to develop exclusively for ZDoom these might help:

http://zdoom.org/wiki/wiki.phtml?title=DECORATE

http://zdoom.org/wiki/wiki.phtml?title=Creating_new_monsters_and_other_complex_actors&PHPSESSID=54ded70a0baa855cd2e3df6ba33ef001

If you need something that is compatible with Doom2.exe or Boom you are out of luck.