Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shamino

Just rate the game already...

The game has not yet been reviewed by the ESRB, therefore it is still R/P. That will change soon though.

Nothing can be issued a rating when it's still in production and the content "may" be subject to change.

Shamino said:

We all know it's going to have a mature rating. So why is the R/P still in the box?

Who cares? Well, I guess being over 18, I don't give two shits about ratings.

Chances are it'll just get a certificate 15 over. I'd be surprised if it did though.

Still, i'll be 18 by then so i don't particularly give 2 hoots about the rating.

Scabbed Angel said:

As though anyone cards for video games. If so I'm over 18 so I'll have a moment of silence for all te kiddies before I begin. . . ; P

Wal-Mart "asks". Heh.

Yeah Wal-Mart asks for your age, and I live in WA, so its illegal to sell M rated games to those under 17 now. Won't affect me though, I turn 17 in March, and I don't exactly buy games anymore.

Scabbed Angel said:

But you will buy Doom 3.

That will be one of the few exceptions to my philosophy.

obviously its not gonna change from M to T, but there is always the possibilty that they could have something that gets threatened with the AO. I guess thats why they can't do it yet....

wasn't nVidia going to give DOOM III with their VGAs? If so then are they going to ask your age when you want to buy a VGA too? :p

Quast said:

Who cares? Well, I guess being over 18, I don't give two shits about ratings.

Heh...beat me to it. ;-)

Bring on the M-rated gibbing!

My sentiment's exactly... i hope it's an 18... i don't want doom 3 to be reduced to a mild violent game, i want carnage on my foes.

Yup, still in production, so they don't rate it yet. Of course it's going to get an M, but they don't rate a game until it's completely done.

As for the rating system itself, I'm 18, so I really don't care about it that much. In fact the only time it's affected me was when I was 15 and I tried to buy Deus Ex at Wal Mart. They wouldn't sell it to me, so I just went up to Game Stop, got it 10 bucks cheaper and they didn't check my ID. I also bought Soldier of Fortune 2 when I was 16 at Target and they didn't check my ID, so it's really not that big of a deal, at least where I live.

Assmaster said:

I think Toys R Us actually cards. At least that's what I've been told.

i was carded at meijers for buying wolf3d for GBA, however the old man did it cause he was pissed off for having to work that day. i was 19 at the time

it will be M17+ in the US. dont count on a PC 13 style rating here in the USA. it WILL be Mature. with all the gore and all

Unconscious_Forever said:

Whats a lisence? You have to have a license to buy 18's? Never heard of that?

A license to kill! Actually, a drivers license, which doubles as an ID. Here in Washington, they do card you for M rated games, but the minimum age is 17. Starting Sunday, it won't be a problem for me.

honestly not many places card, even for stuff like tobacco and alcohol, much less games.
i know at work we dont, best buy

i see kids, 12-14, always buying GTA 3 and postal 2.

they never tell us to card and there is no punishment if we dont.