Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SSWolfenSie

Which Weapon Did You Like Best?

I thought about this somewhat and I find the best (and most unique) weapon to be .. *drumroll* ... other monsters. Infighting rules.

If you have to answer "normal weapons" then I'd say the pea shoote.. eh, sorry, chaingun.

actually...i see infighting ALOT with zdoom, if i wanted to, i could go through a whole level and only fire 5 shots and prolly get 100% kills

Depends on the level, of course, but yeah, it's pretty much possible in some levels. If you're into that sort of thing, check out pacifist demos or Nightmare! demos for slaughter-type maps like Plutonia map 32, where even short runs can result in enormous kill percentages due to massive infighting.

Squall said:

SSG and the Plasma Gun. No doomer goes without these weapons.

Unless they are playing doom 1.

I'd say the Super Shotgun. Nothing like the loud explosion of a gunshot followed by the "klik-klik-ka-klak" of loading another round in. The HUGE pellet spray and usefulness until the end of the game made me love that double-barrelled monster.

And yes, Barrels rock so hard. But there weren't enough levels in the original that made great use of them, save "Barrels of Fun" in Doom II, which was very clever initially and showed how badly barrels can be for ANYTHING's health. Until that level, I found them only useful for Pinky Deamons and lesser creatures.

Single-shot shotgun, by far, for both doom and Doom2. I don't like the SSG, because (and this might be my imagination) the choke is a lot wider, so it's pretty useless at a distance, and uses up too much ammo. The single shot is great, doesn't use too much ammo, and the faster shots make it less likely that cacos and other demons will shoot you between shots.

Twiztid said:

Did anyone else notice this :D

Yes. It wouldn't be that good a weapon, as although it's hot, it's pretty small.

SSG pwns all others btw, as it encourages fast-paced play and you can kill anything with it.

Ichor said:

Same here, if I had around 1200 bullets to spare.

One of the few downsides to the chaingun, sadly. If I remember correctly, I once had a program that changed the amount of ammo you could hold, or something similar. I'll have to search for that.

As for favorite weapon, well, it depends. For instance, if there is a group of zombies, sargents and/or imps, I'll use the SSG for the bulk and finish the survivors with the shotgun, pistol, or chainsaw. A roomful of pinkies will get the chainsaw treatment. Et cetera.

Anyone here downloaded the WAD who called "GunX"?
I like the chaingun in Box 2 at those levels. The levels are E1M1 in The Ultimate DooM, And Map01, 02, 03 and 04 in DooM 2.

This chaingun makes you feel that this CG was strong more than the normal CG.

BTW, I now like best the Plasma Rifle and the SSG. Rocked Launcher is the best quickly way to kill yourself...

Super Shotgun is much good than the RL. why? that's why:
The rocket launcher have the same power like the SSG, but this weapon makes to you a bloody body :P The super shotgun is little slowy, but you don't fragged if you shot a wall or anything that close to your point.

If you want to tell us on your weapon that you like best, just write a reply.

Moti. :) (This is the longerreply I've never write...)

I always liked the Shotgun (not the supershotgun). It is powerful close up and far away, effective, and donsn't take long at all to reload. The Plasma Gun is friggin awesome though as well. The chain gun is pretty good, especially against Barons and Knights. I just run right up to them and dig the gun into their stomach and fire away!