Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
netnomad312

Another stupid ZDoom/Skulltag question

I would have put this in my other thread, but it seems to have moved back a page or so, and I don't think I ought to be digging up old topics.

In my ice base wad (link to screenshots in this thread), I have a spring pad in an ice cave... and it used to be able to bounce you up to a floating Doomsphere. But I figured the Doomsphere was too easy to get that way, and so instead I moved the Doomsphere to a corner of the map behind another secret. To get there, you must first bounce up high enough to teleport to the place.

I first tried replacing the Doomsphere with a map spot, which had Teleport(45) as its special. Elsewhere in the level I put the destination thing with tag 45. But, it didn't work. I thought maybe it has to be an item that you take, to get it to work. So I changed it to a stimpack. When I touched the stimpack, it teleported me... nowhere. Right back on top of the stimpack. In addition, the stimpack would keep bouncing up and down on the spring pad... and while amusing, this obviously wasn't my intent. :-P

So, my question: how do I get thing-induced teleports to work?

I don't really get what you want to do? Do you want the player to teleport somewhere when he gets the doomsphere?

No... I want the player to teleport after bouncing high enough (like by touching a thing suspended in the air over the teleport), and end up elsewhere near the Doomsphere.

There's an "actor hits ceiling" thing (#9996). It should execute it's special when the player hits the ceiling (duh).