Disorder

Do you want to get married?

Do you want to get married?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to get married?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I\'m not sure

Me? No. I don't see why I should get married. I could spend the rest of my life with one woman if I'd be very much in love with her. But why marriage? Will that one special day add so much to your life?

And in case of conflict.. Why not move on when you feel your relationship is weak? What's your stance?

Yes, but I don't know why. I guess to prove my love or something. It will be church and everything. Strange because I'm not even a christian..

I couldn't even fathom the thought of it happening. It's far too life changing and scary for me to comprehend.

No.
Far too many married people I come across are unhappy in their marriage and I've got grounds to believe that I'd become one of them, should I ever dare to marry.

I doubt I will, but a significant other might, and it could create complications in a relationship.

Twiztid said:

Of course I Would to the girl of my dreams, although I wish the bitch would stop haunting my dreams.

Everybody sing!!
Get out of my dreams
Get into my car
(Beep beep, oh yeah!)
Get out of my mind
Get into my life

*long silence...*

Well, I was most recently in a long-term relationship with I girl I wouldn't have minded marrying, but our differences got in the way. We're just headed for different places in our lives. Plus, it's really kind of scary how that face that you thought was so adorable two years ago now makes you want to hit it with a brick.

All in all, I'm very neutral on the marriage thing. I'm sure I could spend the rest of my life with someone, but is marriage really the only way to show your commitment to one another? I hope not.

I myself do wish to be married, but it is not only my decision by my significant other's. I myself do it for such the commitment and to prove that I do trust them enough as they do me in giving myself to them in such a way. :D

Will be married 3 years in August. Love it, love it, love it. :) I don't have one bad thing to say about it. I am so very lucky.

BTW - What does hating kids have to do with being married? Lots of married couples decide to not have children.

Yeah... dunno how long a couple should date before marriage.. but eventually yeah. No children though. Prolly just a dog.. or rat..

No, I cannot see myself living out the rest of my days with a female companion to whom I am bound till death do us part.

DooMBoy said:

No, I cannot see myself living out the rest of my days with a female companion to whom I am bound till death do us part.

Didn't say anything about a male, though...

DooMBoy said:

Just get a divorce...

Twiztid said:

Just get a divorce...

It's not a matter of legality and convenience, it's a matter of honor. One shouldn't take vows they can't abide by.

Ultraviolet said:

Disorder, I've been waiting for you to ask me that for years! OF COURSE I'LL MARRY YOU!

STOP IT!
/Schwarzenegger voice

fodders said:

Been happily married for 29 years. Recommend it to anyone.

Will be married 3 years in August. Love it, love it, love it. :) I don't have one bad thing to say about it. I am so very lucky.

Sure, it's great if you're happily married, but I get the impression that in order to become happily married, you'll need to have a certain personality and your significant other will also need a certain personality.
A good marriage, I think, is all about mating the right personality traits with one another.

Unfortunately, fate seems to have dealt me a bad hand in the personality department so that it's nigh impossible for me to live in the same house with someone without being a pain in their hindparts, so I've become convinced that it won't matter what sort of woman I'd be married to - it will eventually head in a bad direction (/looks at his parents' marriage, *shudders*).

I just don't possess the right personality traits.

Yeah, I'd really like to get married some day. I'm waiting for the perfect woman first though, I think divorce is really really stupid. I'd like to have kids some day too, but I'm not really planning anything further than next weekend :P

And all you people who say you wouldn't like to get married, why not? Just curious. A lot of marriages are fantastic, don't end up in divorce and the two people involved are really happy.

zarkyb said:

And all you people who say you wouldn't like to get married, why not? Just curious. A lot of marriages are fantastic, don't end up in divorce and the two people involved are really happy.

Did you even read my post just above yours?

Ultraviolet said:

Didn't say anything about a male, though...

Are you asking me to marry you? If so, no.