Do you want to get married?

Do you want to get married?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to get married?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I\'m not sure

dsm said:

Did you even read my post just above yours?

Yes, but that's just you, and I was looking for other reasons. And to be honest, your reason sounds a little lame, like you're trying to find an excuse for it.

læmænt said:

daisy, daisy
tell me your answer, do...

We have a retarded singing sunflower toy in this house that knows that song. It turns on automatically.

Erp said:

No, I have far too much respect for women to marry one, and I hate kids.

Same here, but I chose 'Maybe' and finding a bisexual tolerant woman could be hard.

I believe that marriage is a silly outdated thing that implies the male's ownership of the woman. But if my lover REALLY wanted to get married, then I'd do it. Also, I love kids. :)

Fredrik said:

Marriage has nothing to do with God/Jesus unless you choose to have it that way.

Exactly. All you need to be leagally married is a license, a witness, and a Justice of The Peace, iirc. Even so, I think I'd want to be married into The Church of Chuck where I'm a bishop already.

Fredrik said:

We have a retarded singing sunflower toy in this house that knows that song. It turns on automatically.

I love how you think it knows the song :P

Fredrik said:

Marriage has nothing to do with God/Jesus unless you choose to have it that way.

Exactly. We got married in a rose garden by an officiant, and had a non-religious ceremony. No lord, jesus, god ever spoken. :)

I am going to marry more then one male partner at the same time and adopt children, and then have a sex change and make babies just to get them aborted, and when I die, I will have a satanic funeral.

Ct_red_pants said:

I am going to marry more then one male partner at the same time and adopt children, and then have a sex change and make babies just to get them aborted, and when I die, I will have a satanic funeral.

If you get married to a member of the opposite sex then get a sex change, is the marriage still legal?

Or what if you both get a sex change simultaneously? Does that one instant when you were both of indeterminate gender terminate the marriage?

Erp said:

I hate kids.

This statement baffles me every time I hear it. How can you hate kids? Unless you hate yourself and people in general . . .

Hyena said:

This statement baffles me every time I hear it. How can you hate kids? Unless you hate yourself and people in general . . .

I dislike kids.... and babies... god... I can't even eat around babies.

You yourself were once a child. Saying you hate them is hypocritical. Especially since most of us wish we still were one.

I love kids, but babies are ugly and smelly. I don't get why people say they are cute.

Hyena said:

You yourself were once a child. Saying you hate them is hypocritical. Especially since most of us wish we still were one.

It's not hypocritical. As a child I didn't hate them. I was one. Now I am grown up and dislike them until they reach a certain age. Therefore, all children of a certain age (Lets say 0 - 12) are by default disliked. Looking back, if I met myself as a child, I'd prolly dislike me as well.
Its the way it is. I dislike children... I dislike alot of things though. I'm one bitter individual.

Funny also, is the fact as a kid I was angry nobody treated me like an adult. Now that I'm adult, I get annoyed by children trying to act grown up.

Silverwyvern said:

Funny also, is the fact as a kid I was angry nobody treated me like an adult. Now that I'm adult, I get annoyed by children trying to act grown up.

Word. I learned too late that when you;re a kid, you should act liek a kid and when you;re an adlut, then you can finaly act grown up. Otherwise, you;re wasting your youth. As the saying goes:

"Youth is wasted on the young."

EDIT: I think my keyboard's broken. :P

I'm pretty much a big kid myself. When I can get away with it, I act like a complete imbecile for my own amusement. I would recommend it to anyone who has a sense of humour and isn't too stuck up to dare to be stupid.

My parents divorced when I was 9 and it was such a devastating experience. I simply don't believe in marriage. Actually, I don't see the point into bragging in front of a mayor or a priest about your love that you claim will be eternal. If you love and are loved, what's the point in asking for witnesses? But that's just me I guess.

Hyena said:

I'm pretty much a big kid myself. When I can get away with it, I act like a complete imbecile for my own amusement. I would recommend it to anyone who has a sense of humour and isn't too stuck up to dare to be stupid.

Not stuck up. Being carefree and silly isn't being a kid. Old senile people can be silly... so can dogs...

I'm married and we're expecting a kid in September.

No complaints yet ;)

Hyena said:

Wow, I do "a bit" the same thing. I only act like crazy only for amusement. Like Homer.
And they say I'm crazy... huh? Wait a moment... What's that? That's an insult!

After seeing so many marriages disintegrate around me I should be against it but I'm also a hopeless romantic. I don't know if true love exists, but I sure hope it does. Kids are awesome. They're like small dumb adults with no sense of malice. It's nice hanging around beings whos spirit hasn't been crushed by the cold reality of life yet.

Rellik said:

Kids are awesome. They're like small dumb adults with no sense of malice.

You haven't been around kids a lot, have you Rellik? :)