Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowRunner

Tripod site up,beats the hell out of Geo!!!

Yea,i heard tripod was good so i gave it a shot.
Turns out it kicks so much ass then Geocities,never gets bandwith hit,provides more disk space,and i believe allows img coding.

http://shadowdoom89.tripod.com
Has Screenshots of Uac Base(10) and Lava Arena(4) including the Lavaarena download and page about me with a more recent picture.

Wow... I like hte screeinies.
The level looks to be very good.
Good luck with that.
(by the way, whered you get the misic for your web page?)

The music,Well the lavaarena midi i found on the net which is also in my level.
The Uac base midi,Netnomad had it in his tower of war demo and said it was from some game he had,i dont know where its from but it went with my map perfectly.

To tell you the truth, that game got its MIDIs from all over the place, so there's really no telling where it's from. *shrug*

Tripod does beat the hell out of Geoshitties... it doesn't allow remote image linking, but that's the only thing I hate about it.

I hate them both, but I have to say I hate Tripod worse because I get twice as many popups, like 3-4 on average.

My god, use something good like http://www.brinkster.com where you don't have to worry about popups, banners, or practically anything. The only setbacks are the amount of webspace you get (i think it's like 5 or 10 megabytes), the max file size you can upload, and you have to use an html ftp utility (which really isn't that bad). Reasonable limits to a free web host.

EDIT: I was really off on the amount of webspace you get. It's 30MB, heh. click here for details.

EarthQuake said:

I hate them both, but I have to say I hate Tripod worse because I get twice as many popups, like 3-4 on average.

So get a popup blocker.

EarthQuake said:

My god, use something good like http://www.brinkster.com where you don't have to worry about popups, banners, or practically anything. The only setbacks are the amount of webspace you get (i think it's like 5 or 10 megabytes), the max file size you can upload, and you have to use an html ftp utility (which really isn't that bad). Reasonable limits to a free web host.

Reasonable? Geez. I'm already using 10+ MB on both of the Tripod sites I run. I use Tripod because its file manager doesn't have problems like some I could mention, and I also wanted a subdomain. Oh, and I'm allergic to file size limits. ¬_¬

The only thing that truly works is your own domain+webhotel... it's cheap (at least here in Denmark), and you don't have to hassle with crap sites that have low storage, doesn't allow direct linking etc. etc.

EvisceratoR said:

The only thing that truly works is your own domain+webhotel... it's cheap (at least here in Denmark), and you don't have to hassle with crap sites that have low storage, doesn't allow direct linking etc. etc.

OMG, another danish doomer! hooray :P
But if it is so cheap why don't you have some nice .dk or .com adress?
like Torn-net.dk?

AlexMax said:

Best free site for hosting (allows linkable imagines): homestead.com

I agree with you on that one. heh.
8.0 Mb is small, but I only host the occasional screenshots or my map when I want people to test it. My map which is almost done (hugs map)

sorry, what was the topic of this thread?

Reasonable? Geez. I'm already using 10+ MB on both of the Tripod sites I run.

I corrected myself long before you read my post:

EDIT: I was really off on the amount of webspace you get. It's 30MB, heh. click here for details.

Torn said:

OMG, another danish doomer! hooray :P
But if it is so cheap why don't you have some nice .dk or .com adress?
like Torn-net.dk?

I do have a .dk domain with a 125 mb and my mom's brother is paying for it, and the website that's on my .dk domain (which is family related) only uses like 5 mb or so, so i just upload my stuff there and link to it from my eviscerator.tk site (except for that stupid popup, .tk sites are fine)...anyway, although 200 mb would be nice, i don't see a reason to spend money on a .dk domain when it's not absolutely necesary...it would be a different case if i didn't have the other domain though.