Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JacKThERiPPeR

Cyber Murder Project

I've thought of making a project like the CyberDreams one. The objective is making maps of killing cybers with triggers, switches and everything like in Cyberdreams. Please, mappers of everywhere, I need your support for making the maps por the project.

The project is called Cyber Murder Project.

For map submissions, please: post a reply as this:

Title of the Map

How to kill the Cyberdemon

Difficulty Level

After this, you need to send the map by mail: jtr666171@hotmail.com, and I'll add the map to the Project main wad, except if the number of submitted maps and self-made by me are 32.

I will some times post a reply saying that I'm occuping a MAPXX with another map, with the data of above.

You can also reply oppinions of the project here.

Thanks for your support.

Oh, one thing I forgot. I need QUALITY maps. At least there must be the basics of mapping in the maps.

You're newbie. I can say that for sure. You will soon know the wrath of the others, who are willing to spam any newcoming project :P You will soon know the power of "newproject tag"...

That there is a "Newbie" under my Avatar doesn't mean that I'm newbie. I'm expert at mapping at all, and I know some of the DooM mapping tricks (Invisible floor, 3d,...) and all the basics of mapping.

Why would mappers of the community spend time on this?
Why should I contribute to this project?

I know, I know... this is shit huh? Well, I've just wanted people to make a new communities project (I've posted this in another community - DarkGreen HQ). Anyways, don't be bad with me for this...

JacKThERiPPeR, before you start asking for help on...

Ugh, screw it.

Do you perhaps have some screenshots of maps that you've already made?

You're offering nothing. No screenshots, no project info. It doesn't seem like you have a strong concept or general idea what you want the project to accomplish. You also claim you are an expert mapper and you crave quality maps from people.

You can't expect people to join in on something with as little structure as that. You could just as well ask people to give you all their money.

Ok, ok... here it is:
Well, the project is about making a 32 level megawad with Cyberdemon killing in them. For killing cyberdemons, you must use triggers, switches, invisible linedefs, teleports, and so on. It's just like Cyberdreams, but with another spice-up.
The difference with Cyberdreams is that the megawad will include music and it's made by communities.
I'll make the Warm-Up level.

boris said:

Heh, ACS would really help making cool CyberDreams-style maps.

Your ESP amazes me. I was thinking the exact same thing.

why is it these days the n00bish posts simply DO NOT END?

Cool idea though, but I have no clue how you can make a megawad of this with every level being good or the objective not getting boring.

Nick Perrin said:

why is it these days the n00bish posts simply DO NOT END?

I don't know, you seem to be the expert on them?

I seem to remember getting help and support after asking... after all i'm not starting a completely new project(therefore less n00b).

i guess it is a little n00b, but i just wanted to restart the project as soon as possible(I kept putting it off).

JacKThERiPPeR said:

How to kill the Cyberdemon

The best way to kill a cyberdemon is to fell the giant beanstalk it's climbing down.

Now that gives me an idea for a level...

Nick Perrin said:

What?! Are you serious?

didn't you make massmouth?

Cyb said:

I want to make a map but how do you make doors and crushers?!

Why don't you ask Crono?

Nick Perrin said:

okay... but why would Cyb be sarcastic like that?.... I don't get it....

Uh...it's Cyb. He's sarcastic all the time.

What are you babbling about Job? Cyb is NEVER sarcastic!

But seriously that screen of yours, JacktheRipper, looks a more than a little bland. Although the idea of doing another Cyberdreams type megawad is a good idea, though not too original.