Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Gib question

you can use dehacked to set the gib frames for any thing. It might be hard to do if that object has a high healthcount value.

For the Imps and Poss enemies, its easy because they have a low health value since a heavy damaging weapon like the Rocket Launcher can easily subtract their health below 0.

The way I understand gibbing... Correct me if I'm wrong smarter Doomworlders, is that in order TO gib, the monster must drop below their initial health in the negative range. So you can give Demons gib scenes, by going into dehacked and attributing any set of frames as the gib frames, but the more health they have, like the demon, the harder it will be to make them actually gib.

Boring. I thought You were talking about quake type gibs. You know, monster splattering into numerous pieces of flesh.

ellmo said:

Boring. I thought You were talking about quake type gibs. You know, monster splattering into numerous pieces of flesh.

Or gibbing a monster AFTER he's dead

Hey, I'd like to know how to do that!

Thanks for brining those up! I've tried to do that and failed.

Thanks, Dron and ellmo.

Use an advanced port like zdoom, Edge, or skulltag. To gib decorations like dead bodies hanging on chains, etc just use DeHackedEd to give them hit points etc. Check out The Twilight Zone 2 it has the gibbing of decorations About gibbing corpses when they're dead I really can't help you I think in the abandoned Doom Reseruction Site it said something about using the skulltag engine and being able to gib corpses.

Yeah. I've been able to make dead bodies like on poles and stuff gib but not actual dead bodies unless they're scripted, like finding an already dead monster (think of Map 31: Wolfenstein, with the sargent already dead there).