Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone know where I can get a copy of Swedish Fish's wad endgame.zip? It was released early in January, but every link I follow comes up dead.

I'm the author of map five in this compilation. That map was a level I submitted way, way back when the Darkening 2 was looking for level designers. I was surprised to see that map reappear when I did a google search for my own name this afternoon. I never released the map on my own so I don't particularly care that it was used by Anthony, but I guess I would at least like to see the final edited product in action (hopefully still faithful to the original).

Thank you in advance for any links you can provide.

JZ

I think it was removed because it had material from the Mordeth TC that was used without permission.

I thought that might be the case (removed b/c of the Mordeth controversy). I guess I was just hoping someone might have an extrenal link somewhere.

Endgame was indeed pulled because it used material from my TC without permission. Since then Anthony informed me that he has replaced the offending textures but will continue to use map06 he once made for the TC based on Mesko's original layout, arguing that he created most of that level himself. I lost this original level due to that burglary last year, so I can't look this up. You're not hearing any news regarding Endgame at the moment because Anthony apparantly suffered a HD crash a while back.

Currently there's still some textures to be replaced for map06. And map03 is being attended to by Anthony. There's no firm re-release date. Of the contributors only Erik is still active as far as i'm aware.

Regarding map05 I made as few edits as I could. Mostly changed textures to standard Doom2, refined the skill levels and gameplay.

Thanks for the pointed info. Lee could you send me a copy of the edited level 5? Or a link? I do have all my old personal doom maps burned to disk somewhere, but I would like to see what I'm getting credited for in this compilation. Thanks.

jbzylstra@go.com