• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Preferred rating for DOOM movie.

What should the DOOM movie be rated?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should the DOOM movie be rated?

• PG-13
    • R
    • NC-17
    • XXX
    • NR

R at the very fucking least.

Sure, PG-13 movies can be good, but this is DOOM we're talking about here. A PG-13 movie wouldn't stand a chance at capturing at least part of the game's essence. A good DOOM movie would at the very least have exposed guts and shredded corpses.

Of course, the movie will suck for us doomers even with an R rating, because in our present day and age, video-game-to-movie conversions pretty much always suck, or completely fail to capture the game's essence correctly.
I'm not saying that it's impossible to make a good Doom movie, merely that's it's pretty damn unlikely that someone will ever get a good script writer and combine him/her with an excellent director, cast and a good budget.

resident evil is a pretty good movie. the visuals and audio are all very clean, sparse and modern. it's almost just nice to look at, heh.

mewse said:

resident evil is a pretty good movie. the visuals and audio are all very clean, sparse and modern. it's almost just nice to look at, heh.

Yep, you pretty much listed the only thing good about it. And this is the guy who's directing Alien vs Predator? *shivers*

***Well he did do a decent job with Event Horizon....

I agree that Doom just cant be pg13.... usually pg13 movies in this type of genre (sci-fi/horror, monsters that want to kill people type) are just simple, dumbed-down, cookie-cutter, money makers.... thats not to say they don't entertain once in a while, but you know... im not immediately condemming the pg13 for scifi/horror, but i do for this type of movie because face it people, this wouldn't be some intelligent, make you think-type, "not relying on gore or cheap scares to be scary" type of movie.... it would just suck as pg13. anyway i voted for R. an NC-17 would be interesting though... as long as they don't overdo excesses in place of substance.

If a Doom movie is ever made, I'd like to see that it at least have an R rating. I want to see gibs.

But another alternatives is that there be no Doom movie at all.

Knowing hollywood, Ben Affleck will be the Doomguy :P