Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

DTCA Homepage Move and Update

I've completed a large update on my DTCA Homepage. I now run a site in perfect HTML 4.01 Transitional. If you don't believe me go to http://validator.w3.org and check everyone of my pages except the index page in HTML 4.01 Transitional. The index page is in HTML 4.01 Frameset. I also use CSS to set backgrounds and colors validly.

The DTCA Homepage also has a new forum. Feel free to come and post, tell me about bugs in DTCA, suggest improvements, or just chat about anything. I would be thankful to have members of the Doomworld Community posting in my forums too. I also may need a couple of moderators if enough people register.

The new DTCA homepage can be found at dtca.2webh.com. This is a very fast and reliable server, and it everything should work fine on your computer. Thank you for your time.

Acknowledged.

EDIT: HOLY FRICKENIGN CRAP 22 LEVELS DONE. I thought you had 6 done. Sillies me.

Please note that levels 02-14 are utter crap and need to be fixed up. Those are my maps done from when I was a newb mapper. Remember when I uploaded my old version of DTCA Lobby? That's an example of what some of those maps look like. I'm going to detail them to the MAX and add some nice Zdoom effects and then they'll be good to go. If I were to release the megawad after finishing the 32nd map I would be flamed to no end about the first few maps.

cyber-menace said:

Please note that levels 02-14 are utter crap and need to be fixed up. Those are my maps done from when I was a newb mapper. Remember when I uploaded my old version of DTCA Lobby? That's an example of what some of those maps look like. I'm going to detail them to the MAX and add some nice Zdoom effects and then they'll be good to go. If I were to release the megawad after finishing the 32nd map I would be flamed to no end about the first few maps.

It's a good idea Menace... I had to do the exact same thing with one of my projects. I suppose it's all a good example of why starting large, multilevel projects is a bad idea when you first start out mapping. It saves a lot of time to take things map by map and avoiding redoing work later on.

That all depends on how you think of it. Because of those old levels I now can use their shape to remodel and make it look more professional... of course some of those maps are so horrible I might have to redo it completly, but it is still ok.