Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
King_Parliament

Best sound effect

Keeping up with the insanely popular "Best _____" theme, I am bringing up a new question that continues to defy originality for the sake of curiosity and noseyness.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SOUND EFFECT??? (in the Doom series, you sillies)

Personally, it's the Super Shotgun. The loud "KA-BOOM!" of twin barrels of rage followed by the familliar "klik-ka-klik-klak" of the chamber being loaded with 2 new scatter-presents for your new friends is so memorable.

Hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

(hint: its a big red fat thing that holds in a gigantic fart until it dies...then it lets it out.....)

ellmo said:

roaming Imp's sound... Always seemed so "swampish"...

Heh, it took ages before I even discovered it was imp that makes that sound.

As for my favourite sound, I really don't know. Archvile's, cacodemon's and arachnotron's death sounds come to mind. The least favourite sound is no doubt the plasma rifle sound, because it's far too loud and my father always tells me to keep the noise down because of that noise. I will change that sound someday...

When the archvile dies:
"Oh ho ho!!"

Also the Arachnotron has a very cool death sound.

If the cyberdemon death scream was about 2 seconds longer and more complete I would like it, but it isn't so that's no good. Some of my favourites are the Mancubus attack sound (No idea what he's trying to say) and the arch-vile and cacodemon death sounds.

Infinite Ammunition said:

I like the Baron of Hell and Archvile death sounds.

The arch vile always sounded to me like something drowning in blood or maple syrup. Really wierd. Wasn't really satisfying for me (more irritating), but killing him and watching the demonic bastard-medic fall apart never got old.

Picking up a Soul Sphere when you really need it. *Bwarng*

Deathmatch opponent buying it from a lucky long-range rocket hit.

Spider Mastermind collapsing.

Ok, lots of stuff...

Definately the imp's wandering sound. The first time I ever saw Doom, my dad was playing and it was very dark. All you could hear was that here and there. I was like "man, that must be some kind of horrible monster that makes that...sounds like a pig though" and from then on out I called them Warthogs for some reason (then spikey guys).

Many of them are really good, but the revenant "discovery" scream is probably my favourite. Especially when there's like 20 at the same time, and really close nearby. Thus, expect lots of very very nasty revenant traps if/when I release another map :)

I agree that the imp roaming sound is great too, as is one of their death sounds. Oh, and the arachnotron death sound is very satisfying... but mainly because it's such an annoying enemy.

The plasma rifle has one of the worst sounds in Doom, along with the arch-vile death sound (it's just silly).