Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ViDA

Something for you guys.

Woa, you'd make a kick-ass texture artist. And for some reason it reminds me of a moster from the Final Fantasy universe.

It looks totally fucking awesome, but I can't really see how this is Doom-related.

Unless that skull is the result of a demon infestation, this is clearly non-Doom art and belongs in blogs (I'll move it there within 24 hours, unless someone convinces me that it's actually Doom-related).

dsm said:

Unless that skull is the result of a demon infestation, this is clearly non-Doom art and belongs in blogs (I'll move it there within 24 hours, unless someone convinces me that it's actually Doom-related).

Looks very Doom3ish to me.

If the face was a bit bigger it could be a neat Doom 3 pain elemental.

Reminds me as much of Doom 3 as it does of old arcade shooter bosses.

Arioch said:

Looks very Q4-ish to me actually.

Anyway, it's cool. It stays.

Being in Blogs doesn't necessarily make something un-cool - you make it seem like moving it to blog is a fate just as bad as if it was sent to post hell ;-P
I think it's cool too, but I don't wanna come out looking like a flaming hypocrite just because the art looks particularly awesome.

Sure, it looks kinda semi-Doom 3 techish, but is that really enough to stamp a "Doom related" mark on it?

dsm said:

Sure, it looks kinda semi-Doom 3 techish, but is that really enough to stamp a "Doom related" mark on it?

Y.E.S.

Julian said:

Y.E.S.

K, it stays, but you better be right in your assumption French guy in charge (who'd better stop smocking :-P).
Next time I allow an art piece to stay here for its supposed "Doom-relatedness" I don't wanna hear you guys ask "why is this even in this forum" - and that's regardless of how ugly it might be.

Little Faith said:

If the face was a bit bigger it could be a neat Doom 3 pain elemental.

Reminds me as much of Doom 3 as it does of old arcade shooter bosses.

CHECK YOUR PMs! YAAARG

Heh damn , To be true , you guys are all right . I tried to capture the entire Doom3/Quake4 feel and combine them in to a design that would suit both worlds. It was done with airbrush and brush in Photoshop .

chilvence said:

I'm just curious, did you paint one side and then mirror it?

From looking closely, I noticed some suddle differences in the sides, so at first glance I am guessing it is not mirrored, but I could be wrong. (And should let the creator answer. :D) My apologies.

Mivalekan said:

A real treat would be seeing a painting of every doom monster! :D

You mean of the doom2 monsters to right?

looks killer, just wished you dident just flipped the other side and changed some stuff to remove some of the simmetrical look

Arioch said:

Looks very Q4-ish to me actually.

Anyway, it's cool. It stays.

how can it be quake 4ish, there aren't any QIV screenshots yet are there, I think it actually looks like a texture I saw in Q3, and a boss from contra, and a monster from FF. lol. what is a death awakener btw, thats what you named it.