Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

A New Chapter of Wolfendoom

First at all: I know what the "newproject tag" is all about so don't use it because I don't want to read it ;)

So, here we go: For about 2 or 3 years now, Wolfendoom Operation Rheingold stands still. Very sad as I think ;) because Wolfendoom was always one of my favorite addons, whether episode it was. Well, I think we should do something about it and that is what my plan is about.

I'm looking for a team which is interested to create maps, new enemies, a story and other stuff for a new Wolfendoom adventure. The major purpose is to get a 30 level tc with all new enemies, all new maps, all new items, all new textures and much much more. ;) *harhar*

At the moment I have absolutely nothing to show off, only my plans and that's why don't expect thousands of mappers, gfxers and others to run for a position in my team. I just want to know, who would be interested and what others think about my ideas.

Here some more detailed info:

Story: Story could once more set in the year 1941,42, second world war in europe. Once more, our protagonist could be a Allied agent, which was sent in the evil heart of Germany to do something on a special secret mission.
Locations: As I am from Germany, I have some special knowledge of world war 2 and this would make it very easy for me, to set interesting locations and missions.
I think about german kz's, german secret underground military bases, cities or also some combat fields (for example battles like the on of operation overlord with lots of AI soldiers and german nazis and stuff ;)), but this depends still on the plot!
Enemies: I think about asking Laz Rojaz (?) for the permission to use and redo some of his sprites (and also textures and sutff), so we don't have to work that hard on resources, because, we already have them indeed! The repoirtoir is supposed to be everything known out of Wolf3D, SoD and Wolfendoom (also tanks and stuff).
Textures/Flats: Just Wolfendoom stuff, especially from Arctic Wolf, Rheingold, Eisenmann and all the other new episodes. Some of the Textures are out of Duke, so we could look for some more there!
System: Without any doubt, ZDoom is the best one for this idea because of the new DECORATE Lump and the possibility of creating new enemies and also using/altering Hexen/Heretic Stuff (new Weapons, Items & more). Also for architectural stuff (slopes, skybox, mirrors, etc).

Well, that's what I have on my mind in this moment, what do you think? *g*

Normally, the newproject tag would be inevitable here, but you have completed projects in the past, so this does sound quite a bit more promising than countless other projects that get abandoned after a few days.

I'd love to help. This sounds like a combination of "Medal of Honor", "Hidden and Dangerous" and "Call of Duty" - I was very keen on playing those three games, since I'm interested in WW2 history (I should be as I'm polish ;)...

but unfortunately I have my one-man-project going rather well, so I need to finish it before taking on a new one. Sorry.

It's a shame that I am such a shitty mapper. :-( This is a project I'd really like to participate in. But if you need somebody who can do some more complex scripting I'd like to do it.

I'll join if you want my help. Though I'd help with any project, since I'm not in the mood for freelancing right now.

Gee. That was quick. I wish I could gather mappers this fast some day. They must really have great trust in your skills, Torm667.

I am - without any doubt - surprised *g* I thought, I will have to search through 100s of "newproject" tag comments to get some useful info but it looks like there is a lot of interest in the project. :) All of your are welcomed to participate but at this state, I just want to get more suggestions and ideas about it all. Our .plan should be done before we start with everything else ;)

Tormentor667 said:

I am - without any doubt - surprised

That's probably because you've already proven that you have skill and are able to make good levels yourself and don't go like OMG I HAVE A ÜBERCOOL IDEA NOW I NEED SUPERSKILLED PEOPLE ONLY TO MAKE ME MAPS GRAPHICS MONSTERS WEAPONS AND MUSIC.

@boris - Thx alot ;)

@Zahl - Still under developement. I'm rewriting the storyline and I'm actually adding new enemies and work on new locations ;)