Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

The Passion of the Christ

Going to The Passion of the Christ?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Going to The Passion of the Christ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

Are you going to it? I am. It's directed by Mel Gibson, so it should be pretty good.

I already saw the miniseries "Jesus" which was funny enough, what with the devil that looked like a Greg Proofs impersonator and all. I've already read the book, don;t need to see the movie. :P

Fredrik said:

Healthy instincts being in order.

The gruesomeness is part of the whole effect. Why would you want to lesser the feel of it? We'll hold your hand during those scary parts and tell you when to close your eyes ; )

Danarchy said:

I already saw the miniseries "Jesus" which was funny enough, what with the devil that looked like a Greg Proofs impersonator and all. I've already read the book, don;t need to see the movie. :P

That miniseries looked like too much of teh suck to watch. Jesus of Nazereth had the most believable Jesus to me. The guy in the series just looked... wrong somehow. Like he should have been in a documentry about weed instead living in the back of a rusted out VW.

I'd love to see it. I probably will be, but it's not a great popcorn flick to go see in cinema's. I'll see it on DVD later.

Szymanski said:

***SPOILER***

JESUS DIES!

Heh

Job said:

Are you going to it? I am. It's directed by Mel Gibson, so it should be pretty good.

*Cough*Mel Gibson's a religious fanatic who hates Jews, because he screwed up his life with alcohol beyond comparison*Cough*

Edit: Books to movies are bad anyway, especially if the author of the movie is different than that of the book. Last time I looked, Mel wasn't God.

insertwackynamehere said:

Edit: Books to movies are bad anyway, especially if the author of the movie is different than that of the book. Last time I looked, Mel wasn't God.

Trust me, God didn't write the Bible.

Job said:

Hold the caucasian Jesuses, please.

not only was he white...jesus was an american...did you know?

It seems interesting, but I doubt my family will go see it in theatres, so I doubt I will, though we will most likely rent it when it comes out in rent-Edition. :D

Quast said:

That whole song was a metaphor, I don't think Greg Graffin actually wants you to believe the biblical Jesus was American. =P

gatewatcher said:

That whole song was a metaphor, I don't think Greg Graffin actually wants you to believe the biblical Jesus was American. =P

What song?

Quast said:

Makes sense, considering God is an American (and I'm afraid of them).

Ct_red_pants said:

darknation must be feeling ill.

I mean really, this has the words 'Passion' and 'Christ' and he's hasn’t said a thing!

If this thread goes without some snide comment, visual or otherwise, you and I shall avenge his death.