Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Melfice

NIN To Tour Soon, Previews of "Bleedthrough"

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=19382

"Nine Inch Nails are at work on their fourth album, Bleed Through, in Los Angeles. Trent Reznor and Co. hope to finish it by summer and release it later this year.
"It's more song-oriented [than 1999's The Fragile]," says NIN mastermind Reznor. "It's much more lean. It's going to be twelve good punches in the face -- no fillers, no instrumentals, just straight to the point."

Rick Rubin (Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Beastie Boys, Johnny Cash) is producing the record. "It's kind of a new vibe this time around," says Reznor. "Different people, different approach.

While Bleed may be more streamlined than its predecessors, namely the expansive concept records 1994's The Downward Spiral and The Fragile, it won't exactly be light fare. "It's a complicated concept record," Reznor says, "but reduced to just simple songs. It's not epic in its scope. It's minimal and a bit brutal."

NIN plan to hit the road in the next few months to preview the new material. "It's been forever since we played," Reznor says. "I'm reenergized right now, my life's in order, and I'm ready to combat the shitty music that's out right now."

STEVE BALTIN
(February 24, 2004)

Melfice said:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=19382

Rick Rubin (Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Beastie Boys, Johnny Cash) is producing the record. "It's kind of a new vibe this time around," says Reznor. "Different people, different approach.

Ugh! You'd imagine he'd be able to produce his own albums by now, or hire David Ogilvie for Christ sakes.

nah.. he's a musician not a producer.. i love reznors music with all my heart but considering how long the fragile took for completion i really think he needed a producer to crack the whip for him.

Well one thing has held true regarding the albums, its now official that there's 5 years between each album...and good god that sucks.

Melfice said:

"I'm reenergized right now, my life's in order, and I'm ready to combat the shitty music that's out right now."

Haha...irony. Anyway, the new Skinny Puppy and Throbbing Gristle will totaly blow the new NIN out of the water, I bet you.

Ed sed:
Ugh! You'd imagine he'd be able to produce his own albums by now, or hire David Ogilvie for Christ sakes.

Woo! The Rave!

/me bows

Uh, oh. Sounds like he's rapidly approaching his "Phil Collins" era.

EDIT: Spoken like a true Genesis fan.

Skinny Puppy is coming out with a new CD? I thought they broke up after one of their members died. I hope they do decide to start up again, though.

As for NIN, I'm really looking forward to whatever Reznor comes up with.

Numbermind said:

Uh, oh. Sounds like he's rapidly approaching his "Phil Collins" era.

EDIT: Spoken like a true Genesis fan.

You put a name on my fear.

"I'm reenergized right now, my life's in order, and I'm ready to combat the shitty music that's out right now."

Oooh, big words.

Anybody think this combat scene is gonna look a bit like "Tyler Durden" vs Edward Norton during the final moments of Fight Club?

Lüt said:

Anybody think this combat scene is gonna look a bit like "Tyler Durden" vs Edward Norton during the final moments of Fight Club?

Rofles.

Yeah he'll take a hard beating for sure.

Shtbag667 said:

Skinny Puppy is coming out with a new CD? I thought they broke up after one of their members died. I hope they do decide to start up again, though.

Yeah, they had a pretty bad fall, but they are back and as we speak recordning their latest album. Ogre and cEvin are the two from the original band that are still there, joined by Mark Walk (ohGr), Ken Marshall (Download), and Danny Carrey (Tool) among others. I'm not sure if Dave the Rave is helping them out this time around or not.

In case you missed it, they already released a song, Optimissed, which was on the Underworld soundtrack. cEvin says this is a demo version of one of the songs that will be on the new albums. Anyway, I'm thinking it will be a Summer release, followed closely by a tour which I am so going to attend. ^_^

The Olo said:

Hahaha...probably.

Danarchy said:

I'm not sure if Dave the Rave is helping them out this time around or not.

Unfortunately not, he's big time now.. heh

I like NIN's take on "industrial" better than Skinny Puppy's. I guess I just like rusted mandolins in La Mer better than screaming.

Hey Danarchy, does Optimissed sound like any of their old stuff? I know their music must sound at least a little different with the edition of those new members.

Also, do you know the name of their album yet?

fucking morons. You will eat your words. Reznor will achive World Peace with his next album. Bill & Ted have fortold this day, albeit with names and genres changed to prevent litigation.

A bit off track here, but I saw the words Danny and Carrey together in one of Dan's posts in this thread, and that reminded me: when is Tool going to release a new album?

based on their current track record, 2008. patience is a virtue.

Liam the Bard said:

Sometimes its not worth the patience, as with Lateralus on some points :(

Liam the Bard said:

Well, there was a five year gap of silence between Ainema and Lateralus, so I wouldn't be too suprised if that was indeed the case.
Realistically speaking I would hope a new Tool album might come sometime in 2006...or thereabouts.

I'll be able to curb my enthusiasm for Tool and NIN, as long as I get my new Mudvayne CD by the end of the summer.

Numbermind said:

I'll be able to curb my enthusiasm for Tool and NIN, as long as I get my new Mudvayne CD by the end of the summer.

As such you demonstrate you fine choice in music. Is Limp Bizkit on your wishlist as well. *titters*

I understand that you may have drawn a correlation between Mudvayne and Limp Bizkit because they were both mentioned in the same issue of Rolling Stone, but you and I both know you only bought the magazine for the pictures of Vanessa Carlton.

Liam the Bard said:

huh?

I heard something about them getting back together, dunno if I'm confusing facts or if it is rumor or what.

Ed said:

Unfortunately not, he's big time now.. heh

Lame. Oh well.

shtbag667 said:

Hey Danarchy, does Optimissed sound like any of their old stuff? I know their music must sound at least a little different with the edition of those new members.

Also, do you know the name of their album yet?

1. Not really. It sounds more like a mix between ohGr and cEvin's solo stuff, and understandibly so. This has pissed a lot of oldskool Puppy fans off, but I think it is a good change. You can't stay the same forever.

2. No I don't. Check Litany regularly for updates. Hmm, looking at it now, looks like they're almost done with the album. :D They've finished recording and mixing and now it's on to mastering. Looks like it might be a mid-late spring release.

Liam said:

Wel the reason there was such a gap between Aenima and Lateralus was because apparently Maynard was having some kind of legal trouble and also because he was doing APC and 'Tapeworm' later on. Opium, Undertow, and Aenima were all released relatively close together, or at least as close as can be expected by most bands.

Zaldron, Sex Cauldron said:

I like NIN's take on "industrial" better than Skinny Puppy's. I guess I just like rusted mandolins in La Mer better than screaming.

I dunno, theres a Hell of a lot of screaming involved in NIN too, plus some of the more psychadellic stuff that Skinny Puppy has done is kinda deep and very interesting to listen to.

Not so much in the recent albums. And I wouldn't even say "Screaming" so much as "yelling". That's what makes Manson's last albums suck (well one of the reasons) He screams way to damn much. Every chorus and every song does not require screaming. It should be used for climax. I think our good friend Mr Trent uses it well when he does.

Danarchy said:

new Skinny Puppy and Throbbing Gristle

*droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooools*

:D

Danarchy said:

I heard something about them getting back together, dunno if I'm confusing facts or if it is rumor or what.

well, they did. so far, they

have released two different live box sets which collectively document every TG performance (these shits are expensive)
will play a last show at some holiday resort in britain
will oversee the release of a new remix album

but i wasn't aware of completely new material.

EDIT: heh

Yeah, RE-TG...that's what it was called. I was right. Heh...I think I either read it on Litany or heard one of the guys mention it in that interview between the guy who did that Puppy mix and the DJ who played it (it was an awesome mix too).

The Skinny Puppy song "Optimissed" off of the Underworld sound-track was barely tolerable. I didn't like it at all. On the other hand, I am an "old-school" Puppy fan.

I'm looking forward to the new Nine Inch Nails album. It sounds as though it's going to be Broken-Fixed-ish.

---

The main reason I even bothered posting though was to ask about another somewhat industrial song I recently heard, although I have reason to believe it is fairly old, that I thought someone could help me with the name of.

It was performed by Demented Manifesto(?) and the name of the song I believe was Captain Insano(?). The song goes through a metal riff, then a girl singing something along the lines of "I'm so happy. You're so happy. We're all happy. Be happy too(?)" playing in the back-ground while proclaiming "I'm so happy" through most of the song.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?