Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bashe

Help! DeHackEd is dumb!

Well, not really.

DeHackEd says it can't find the Doom2.exe when it's RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF IT! Why can't it find it? Is it blind?

Edit: there, the title isn't so offensive now.

I'll just have to re-get DeHackEd somewhere else, which I can't right now because my laptop doesn't have online service right now.

I don't have a DeHackEd.ini for some odd reason.

I have WhackEd, but it doesn't work either. When I run it, it says "VBsome-something.dll, a required file, was not found."

I would say go download it, but I think why that wouldn't work is obvious. Whatever computer you're using to post here, get a floppy and download the dll file. Put that file on the floppy and transfer it over to your laptop. There nice and easy.

Okay. I'll just use my old method: get DeHackEd off of a CD I have.

Now why didn't I think of that before?

Bashe said:

I have WhackEd, but it doesn't work either. When I run it, it says "VBsome-something.dll, a required file, was not found."

Quit being lazy and search for it.
Visual Basic runtime libraries are the most common "missing" libraries, and therefor are not hard to find at all.
If you would have googled even one bit, you would find out that the first result gives you exactly what you need.
Sides, WhackEd is a much better program IMO than dehacked is.

I'm curious Bashe; did you download a .ZIP archive or a .EXE file? Did you also (have to) restart? Because that VBRUN60.DLL file should be included in the .EXE installer, and obviously not the .ZIP file.

Is there a better way to get DeHackEd?
I tried getting here in the utilities section but 3Ddownloads makes you sit in a goddamn queue!