-SNES Doom
-GBA Doom and Doom 2
-32x Doom
-3D0 Doom
-Jaguar Doom
-Saturn Doom
-Ultimate Doom and Doom 2
-Final Doom

Some of you may already know about this website, but for those of you who dont, LISTEN TO THESE SONGS! (Especially the MP2 versions of the Doom and Doom 2 music....let me just say, you will be amazed).

This music sounded so great that i just HAD to make a Playlist just for this DOOM MP2 Music in Windows Media Player. Some of the songs sound so much better than the MIDI versions that it makes you almost mad that your music cant sound like this.

Anyways, for you guys that have never been here before, check it out, any Doom music fans will just die over it.

If one of those computer game music heavy metal bands did some Doom/Doom2 music then nothing would EVER beat that :).

Bloodshedder said:

Uh, those MP2s come from Doomworld's music page. Plus if you click "Remix" on that same page you'll find 50+ selections of remakes.

huh? Those are MIDIS not MP2's, so point me to the direct page where the "MP2's" are at, then Ill believe u :P . And i dont care much for Remixes, i just like original stuff... Remixes suck IMO.

EDIT: nevermind, i found them. u goto click the level name to get to them, but who wants to wait in a que line of 5+ minutes on 3d Downloads when the Doom Depot lets you get them instantly? 3d Downloads sucks. And not to mention, even the REMIXES are 3d download links.........no thanks, im sticking to instant downloads on Doom Depot! =)

icemann said:

If one of those computer game music heavy metal bands did some Doom/Doom2 music then nothing would EVER beat that :).

A band (i think from Finland) called Epiclore did a Doom medley, and it's pretty cool. Go to http://epiclore.cjb.net/ and click "downloads". The song is called "knee deep in doom"..

Ah yes, the MP2's. Some time ago I converted them into a music WAD for use with ZDoom. It sounds so much better than the MIDIs...

chubberz said:

And not to mention, even the REMIXES are 3d download links.........no thanks, im sticking to instant downloads on Doom Depot! =)

Not all of them are.

Graf Zahl said:

Ah yes, the MP2's. Some time ago I converted them into a music WAD for use with ZDoom. It sounds so much better than the MIDIs...

Depends on your sound fonts. :)

Well since the MP2s are in mono and a relatively low bitrate (64 kbps I believe), using the Fluid soundfount with the MIDIs can sound much better.

Bloodshedder said:

Well since the MP2s are in mono and a relatively low bitrate (64 kbps I believe), using the Fluid soundfount with the MIDIs can sound much better.

64 kbps mono is the same quality as 128 kbps stereo. (AFAIK standard rate for MP3's.)

Just out of curiosity: Where can I get that soundfont and how can I use it? I don't have any experience with this. :-(

Graf Zahl said:

I have never heard one that is better than these MP2's.

Try the SNES remixes. I wish there was an E3M3 equivalent for those.

I did some remixes of Doom..in mod format...as far as i remember, i've done e1m1, e2m1, e2m5 and e2m6 or something like that..

GotMeNow said:

Try the SNES remixes. I wish there was an E3M3 equivalent for those.

As you said: 'Remix'. The MP2's are the closest to the original intended version available. Until now I haven't found a single remix that I liked.