Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CelT

APRIL 15

GameSpot learned that Activision may be planning to ship the PC Doom 3 on April 15. While the date has not been announced yet, a source from within Activision's managerial caste told GameSpot the date was "official." The source also said the Xbox version of the game has not yet received a firm release date. GameSpot is actively seeking follow-up confirmation on the date, and will post updates on any developments.

UPDATE :

As for the game's release date, we know only that the Xbox version is expected to hit shelves shortly after the PC game. Speaking of which, it has been reported that the PC version will go on sale in the US on 15 April, with a UK release to follow a day later. This date apparently stems from a source at the US sales department of publishers Activision.

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=28773&subsectionid=1586

YOU IDIOTS!! THIS LEAK HAS CAUSED THEM TO PUSH BACK THE RELEASE DATE BY MONTHS!!

ARRRGHGHGH

I believe April 15 is too soon to be true. Id Software always releases a beta or a demo a couple of weeks in advance. If the full game gets released on April 15 then there should be a demo in 2 weeks. I haven't seen any anouncements yet.

Although it's nice to see the hype and rumour machine in action.

AAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH! More fucking..(pant pant)...RELEASE DATE SPECULATIONS!!!
0H GUD HELP MI AIM GUING INSAEINE!!!!!!!
/Gouges eyes with an old pencil.

:-P

id follows a catch-and-release program. They catch your attention with a fake release date and laugh all the way to the bank because they don't have to release Doom III in any of our lifetimes.

hate to fuel the fire, but activision is only a step down from id as far as the release date concerns, right?

remember when microsoft told people that halo2 wouldnt make its june "date"? within two weeks bungie announced the official date.

please let this be it? id throw us a bone here! is it anywhere near done?

TH-555 said:

please let this be it? id throw us a bone here! is it anywhere near done?

History tends to repeat itself and history usually says that the Id guys themselves don't even know the release date themselves.

They work and work and work and work and work until all of a sudden, *pling!*, they run out of work and everything just works well in the game with nothing that seems to need fixin'.

That's where they burn the golden CD, pull out the champaigne (or pizza or whatever they use to celebrate something), call whomever it may concern and tell 'em: "So yeah, we just made a sweet-looking golden CD here! Coooome and get it!"

:-P

yeah thats what it was like with haloPC.

but they have to have some kind of plan, a work calender? surely they know most of the bugs, if not all of them, and as for the designing and mdeling art stuff, that shouldnt be hard to estimate a time right?

they should know a few weeks in advance tho, so we can rule out anything within the next few weeks ;)

TH-555 said:

yeah thats what it was like with haloPC.

but they have to have some kind of plan, a work calender? surely they know most of the bugs, if not all of them, and as for the designing and mdeling art stuff, that shouldnt be hard to estimate a time right?

they should know a few weeks in advance tho, so we can rule out anything within the next few weeks ;)

All I know is that when you're working on a game, it can seem "almost completed" one day and "waaaayyyysss off!" the next.

That's why it's really dumb to start giving promises about when the game "will be out".

Arno said:

I believe April 15 is too soon to be true. Id Software always releases a beta or a demo a couple of weeks in advance. If the full game gets released on April 15 then there should be a demo in 2 weeks. I haven't seen any anouncements yet.

Although it's nice to see the hype and rumour machine in action.

Actually I believe I read and interview with Carmack where he stated that due to th fact that multiplayer is not extensive, there will be no need for a playbale beta. They are completely in house testing it. I am taking this with a huge grain of salt. Its a nice thought, but I'm guessing for July. In time for my birthday!

get this:

the latest PCgamer magazine claims that doom3 could be released april 27, or at least in april. the plot thickens.

altho i can say that i am a bit skeptic after all the incorrect halo2 dates, it seems odd the an activision operative came out with this after the article.

wellzaboutfuckintime! jesus, i never planned on having the stack of games on my desk that I do. never would have happened if doom3 hadn't given me such blue balls, heh.

That a quote from homelanded (http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=20293)about Doom 3 during the last financial result conference by Activision (January 26),

" Activision execs said that in regards to Doom 3 they expect the game to come out sometime before January 2005they hope that game would be available at the end "

So a month ago, the publisher hope to see the game before Xmas and now the game would be finish? If your blind, you can still hope but that game ain't comming out in april, i'm sure!

Sorry but it's better to burst your bubble now, it's gonna hurt more in April

Dakshinkali
Home of the sacrifice

TH-555 said:

get this:

the latest PCgamer magazine claims that doom3 could be released april 27, or at least in april. the plot thickens.

Stop getting my hopes up you monster! *sniff sniff* J/K