Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CelT

APRIL 15

becuase it was wrong. this blows, there was also a fake bungie update at IGN today too. this week sucks.

You're just making it worse thinking and conjecturing about the release date. Forget about it for a while and it'll come along faster than you think.

A watched pot never boils.

Bullshit. I've watch many pots boil. But that's besides the point.

Fuck, if they're going to release it in April (which seems highly doubtful), they should release it on the twentieth. It'd be a pretty good damn advertising scheme: Five years to the day, the annaversary of the shooting at Columbine, the company who recieved a great deal of blame for the shooting by the mass media release what is anticipated as their most violent, intense and scary game, which happens to be a reincarnation of the very game that was blamed. :P

Early last year I said it wouldn't be out until mid-2004 at the very earliest, and no-one believed me.

So using my amazing powers of foresight, I predict... christmas.

NiGHTMARE said:

Early last year I said it wouldn't be out until mid-2004 at the very earliest, and no-one believed me.

So using my amazing powers of foresight, I predict... christmas.

STOP IT

Thats a shame, i hope this release date is true, i'm getting tired of waiting... plus i doubt there will be a demo for Doom 3, i think they'll want you to play the full experience rather than part of it (plus a demo may disappoint some people) but not me. ;)

Lectrix said:

Thats a shame, i hope this release date is true, i'm getting tired of waiting... plus i doubt there will be a demo for Doom 3, i think they'll want you to play the full experience rather than part of it (plus a demo may disappoint some people) but not me. ;)

Lectrix: John? John Carmack?
JC: Uhh, yes?
Lecrix: Dude, I'll totally blow you for teh demo, I might disapoint some people but not you!
JC: Okay it's right--
Lectrix get's a knee to the crotch and Carmack runs away in fear, damning himself for every creating Doom in the first place.

I would like id too catch everybody OFF GAURD. And blind side all of us with it's release, just like how a doom demon would in those errie dark corridors in the classic game. Here in the U.S. and across the "BIG BLUE"(*that's over seas for you lameMo's)

Something about Todd Hollenshead on the 29th of October
Todd then went on to discuss some of the most interesting aspects of Doom3. Although no release date was provided (albeit he did hint that it was at least four months away), he confirmed that Doom3’s installation size would likely exceed 3GB. In addition, the game would be locked with a hard-coded 60fps ceiling.

October the 29th + at least four months = April

omg.

Word of advice: TRUST NO ONE UNTIL YOU SEE IT IN FRONT OF YOUR VERY OWN EYES

(a lesson we all should learn from since the day that Valve lied to us...)

It will be surely announced when it goes GOLD and from then it usually a month till retail.

I use an old adage: "Never bother looking at release dates; just sit on your hands and wait, or go out and live a life maybe, and just wait 'till it's released, not when we all think it'll be released."

Or something. It works.

This is not a joke and I'm not giving my source but I can confirm that Doom 3 is going gold on Friday the 12th of this month. Everyone has been in crunch mode since late January which means they've been working all day and night and right now they're just adding the final polish.

Doom 3 will be out on April 15th. Everything is done. You will hear a gold announcement very very soon. There is nothing that will stop it from coming out, id is not going to pull a Valve.

Meh, we'll see. If it happens, great. If not, I won't be too surprised.

Job said:

Meh, we'll see. If it happens, great. If not, I won't be too surprised.

Yeah it's not like we have to wait long to find out the truth! :P

i just got hold of a working beta and it looks pretty much fully functional(although i haven't had much time with it yet)...this doesn't mean much in fact it could be harmful to have it leaked(it's the 616 mb e3 leak with some added maps from an editor) I hope the april 15 is valid b/c the game seems to run fine..fyi it's gonna take a hell of a machine to run it right..i have a 2.6 intel with 1 gb pc3200 and a 9800 aiw and i barely get 30 fps and sometimes less..fingers crossed..

gonna get yourself banned,

yes their is a beta going round.

i havent played it, but this could be id's wierd way of doing some testing ;)

any probs will be reported on warez forums and they get all the feedback they need without releasing an actual test.

why would i get banned? i'm not gonna share the damn thing and i'm certainly going to pay the 60 bucks..just boredom and worried about the requirements..not trying to mess anything up trust me...just saying it works so hopefully we'll see the full version next month

It isn't.

From what I've read it's just the same build from 2002, with 3rd-party maps and config file tweaks.

you pay 60 bucks for a game? *whisper* "I think you are being ripped off." *whisper* :)

Revealer said:

This is not a joke and I'm not giving my source but I can confirm that Doom 3 is going gold on Friday the 12th of this month. Everyone has been in crunch mode since late January which means they've been working all day and night and right now they're just adding the final polish.

Doom 3 will be out on April 15th. Everything is done. You will hear a gold announcement very very soon. There is nothing that will stop it from coming out, id is not going to pull a Valve.

Can I have your address so I know to whom to send my *ahem* friends on said dates?

(Holy shit its Johnny Carm@ckl3z!)

EVIL said:

you pay 60 bucks for a game? *whisper* "I think you are being ripped off." *whisper* :)

Welcome to Canada.