Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mooneye

My mouse don't work?!

This is probably a dumb question, with an easy answer, but why don't I get mouse support on Doom 95? I have Windows 2000 so it could be that. Do I need to get a port like ZDoom to run it?

mooneye said:

This is probably a dumb question, with an easy answer, but why don't I get mouse support on Doom 95? I have Windows 2000 so it could be that. Do I need to get a port like ZDoom to run it?

To make it short: Doom95 sucks! Get a source port ASAP and it will save you a lot of trouble.

mooneye said:

but why don't I get mouse support on Doom 95? I have Windows 2000 so it could be that. Do I need to get a port like ZDoom to run it?

Doom95 supports the mouse via a virtual device driver (DMOUSE.VXD). Neither Win2000 nor the XP support VXDs, so that leaves Doom95 mouseless under those OSes.
If you want another Win32 port that closely emulates the original, try prBoom. Better yet, dual boot into Win98 where you can play both the original and Doom95 (which is not half as bad as the kids say).

Never_Again said:

Better yet, dual boot into Win98 where you can play both the original and Doom95 (which is not half as bad as the kids say).

No, Doom95 is *twice* as bad as the kids say. :-D Why even bother with a dual boot if there are better alternatives? Don't forget that most people today don't even have a Win98 available for installation.

Opulent said:

there are things that the real game can do that no source port can, that is why.

Like be old and worthless? No thanks.