Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Finally, some new info (SPOILERS)

Follow the link and read the 11th post.

SPOILER
The cacodemon seems to be back, and I love the idea of horrendous visions and hallucinations. I should be in for a treat.
/SPOILER

Not only you, but nearly each NPC in the game carries a PDA. If you find a lost PDA, then you can read the emails and notes of the former owner. And so get a possible information, which you will use later in the game.

Smells of System Shock 2... good to see someone at id plays good games every once in a while :)

These rumours all sound great. Everyone feel free to discuss them - anyone coming to a Doom III forum and clicking a thread title with "(SPOILERS)" in it should know what they're in for.

Disorder said:

The cacodemon seems to be back

Everyone who ever doubted that was a fool :-P

Well not really, but at least I'd dare to say that this 'someone' would not have an awful lot of faith in Id, nor a very good grasp on common sense. (/apologizes beforehand in case someone took offense).

It's gonna be interesting to see what the new caco will look like and what the fan reactions will be (some will be bound to bitch about its new looks I'm sure). I just hope I've got some popcorns ready for the grand unveiling :-P

Dunno exactly what this hallucination thingy is about (didn't really read the 11th post on planetdoom), but I like the notion of having actual hallucinations in the game. That's definitely an element I always hoped would be in Doom 3.

Flathead's post

Old news, mate. I think we've known that since 2002.

/Me slowly sneaks out of thread, deciding not to look back inside.

Wow, sounds really cool again!

BTW, on the Cacodemon... Graetar translates the part from doom3maps.de artcicle with "Definitly, there will be Cacodemons. With eyes and flying!" But actually it says "Vieläugig und fliegend!", vieläugig means having multiple eyes!

It´s a really good idea that the people who made experiments with teleportation now suffer from visions and hallucinations. I don´t know, but somehow this sounds really scary to me. I think it will build up a much bigger stress then normal, and will make the first actual demon encounter much scarier. Cool stuff.

Lord FlatHead said:

Smells of System Shock 2... good to see someone at id plays good games every once in a while :)

Or BioForge...which predates System Shock 2 by 4+ years.

hmm...PDAs (logs), hallucinations...
dsm: Do you think id software has access to our forum? ;)

Horrendous visions and hullucinations, eh? Sounds like my idea I had for the Spidermastermind ways back.

And it's good to know that id's not leaving out the Cacodemon. Can't wait to see it's new look, And I hope it'll do more than just spit energy wads at you. I hope id concidered my "Inclose Attacks" ideas I posted.

Scabbed Angel said:

I wonder if anyone else from id browses these here Doom Forums. . . I love how Pat totally owned auxious.

lol yeah. That was awesome^2.

I hope they don´t changed it, the shotgun looked perfect.

But if it´s only for Xbox version I really don´t care :)

Shaviro said:

hmm...PDAs (logs), hallucinations...
dsm: Do you think id software has access to our forum? ;)

Well, as far as PDAs go, Id beat us to it. We only put logs in this year, but Doom 3 having PDAs is old news as I told Flathead - read the PC Gamer mag issue from 2002.

Hallucinations however... ;-)

was anyone looking for this?

http://www.gameproworld.com/microso...ges/33849-1.jpg

xbox screenie. the shotgun looks so..... green.

Huh? The doomguy is wearing a helmet? I thought it was announced that the doomguy wouldn't be wearing a helmet. Maybe its an ol' XBox screenshot that's only been released now.

I think the Xbox screen is quite new, since the shotgun has been remodelled. A couple of months ago, a few screenshots were released. One of them showed a bunch of weapons. It showed that same, remodelled shotgun.

I agree with Tetzlaff, id should stick with the original shotgun design because now to me, it barely looks like a shotgun anymore. Also, the HUD has obviously been rearranged.

Demonic said:

Awesome pic I would love to see more. Xbox version doesn't look as good as pc but Im still excited to get my hands on a copy. Thanks again!

According to Carmack, Doom 3 on Xbox will have the same kind of qualities as PC does.

The hallucination stuff sounds cool.
I wonder how far they will go with it though. It can be that you see an enemy that isn't there, or maybe they take it as far as Eternall Darkness(on the Gamecube) where you get all kinds of wierd effects when you go insane(you can sink through the floor, become smaller, you might explode when you use magic and so on, there are also "out of the game" stuff like a BSOD or insects on the TV screen).

Myeah its the shotgun allright, it looked like this in the mp demo on quakecon

so I guess they changed the design. it also seems to contain a flashlight :) cool

EVIL said:

so I guess they changed the design. it also seems to contain a flashlight :) cool

I thought the flashlight sys was going to be in hand? A scope or they changed their minds? As long as the shotgun looks like it did in that recent mag pick where the weapons are all lined up I'm happy.

Yup, thats the new shotgun model, I like it, much better then the old one!

EVIL said:

Yup, thats the new shotgun model, I like it, much better then the old one!

How do you even know there is a new one?

since it shows up in the x-box version and I remember id ranted that the x-box will be identical to the pc one as to art and content.

EVIL said:

since it shows up in the x-box version and I remember id ranted that the x-box will be identical to the pc one as to art and content.

Well it certainly is a possability...

Shaviro said:

Well it certainly is a possability...

but hopefully not in my opinion