Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dron

Best doom game

Yeah which one do you like better? The Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Master levels for doom 2, Evilution, or Plutonia?

For me its...
The Ultimate Doom
Plutonia
The Master Levels For Doom 2
Doom 2
Evilution

What is 'The Master Levels for Doom2?'

It's a CD id relesed packed with Doom 1 and 2 maps, it also came with some pretty good megawads.

Doom 1 (without Thy Flesh Consumed).

Part of it is nostalgic value, part of it is the atmosphere and part of it is that the enemy numbers are balanced in a way so that I seem to appreciate each kill better.

CacoCaddy said:

It's a CD id relesed packed with Doom 1 and 2 maps, it also came with some pretty good megawads.

It also packed with level's that id software should not have been distributing cause they either suck or have a txt file that says do not distribute...
Heh, it happens. :P

umm...
DooM 2
E3 and E4 from The Ultimate DooM
and TNT (Evilution)

Plutonia is boring, and it is too hard for Newbies of DooM.

Moti. =|

Playing through Plutonia on UV right now (which I haven't done before), I don't think it's extremely hard. Even Go 2 It is a joke. The challenge in Plutonia is primarily a result of f*cking chaingunners and Revenants popping up everywhere (often in places where they're nearly impossible to aim at but can easily shoot you down), which makes it annoying hard rather than fun hard.

I've recently been playing Hell Revealed on UV too (more than half through), and I find it way way way more fun to play than Plutonia. In terms of gameplay, I'd possibly even rank it over Doom II and Doom. Let's see how far I get :P

Overall, Doom definitely wins. There's so much atmosphere in it, and the level design is as everybody knows pure genius. Doom II plays a little better and is more balanced (Doom has a few really bad moments) - generally feeling a bit more sophisticated, but it lacks the atmosphere of Doom. Sure, it has a great deal of atmosphere, but it isn't as poignant.

Based on how many times I've replayed the maps, Doom2 is the hands-down winner from that selection.

I like Plutonia though - fun throughout. When I first played it, I found it too difficult, but when I returned to it after playing HR, it was very manageable.

Beat Plutonia. I probably spent half the time sniping chaingunners, but the rest of the time was great fun.

MAP30 was the hardest, stupid invalid rocket aiming :P

Fredrik said:

Beat Plutonia. I probably spent half the time sniping chaingunners, but the rest of the time was great fun.

MAP30 was the hardest, stupid invalid rocket aiming :P

It's not harder than the original MAP30, I think. Maybe even easier, because you seem only to need 2 shots instead of 3 (could be wrong here).

It's a three way tie between Final Doom for PSX, Doom64 and the PC version of Doom2.

Ultimate Doom
Doom 64
Doom 2
Plutonia
Evilution

This is only how I feel about the original games and levels in them. When it comes to wads Doom 2 has best, although Doom has some great ones too.

dr_st said:

It's not harder than the original MAP30, I think. Maybe even easier, because you seem only to need 2 shots instead of 3 (could be wrong here).

Maybe ZDoom's aim is broken...

Ultimate Doom. Period. The none bloody kind.

Fredrik said:

Playing through Plutonia on UV right now (which I haven't done before), I don't think it's extremely hard. Even Go 2 It is a joke.

Heh, you right. This level looks like the another mockery WADs.
But the map "Go 2 It" is NOT the only one level that extermely hard... what about map 31 "Cyberden"? 4 Cyberdemons, That's not hard? And 100+- Revenants is the exit?

bleh bleh... But "Go 2 It" is the much mockery level than TeamTNT was can to build.

plutonia is nice, but the Chaingun Bobs was inside all the levels!! That's boring.

Moti. -_-"

What I meant by saying that it's a joke is not that it's stupid, which it isn't, but that it isn't as hard as it gives the impression of being. Just take it nice and easy, let the monsters fight each other, and spam some BFG shots.

plutonia is nice, but the Chaingun Bobs was inside all the levels!! That's boring.

Exactly.

And there are "traps" about everywhere, which quickly gets predictable.

Yeah...
And another something that I've forget:
THERE ARE A FEW SECRETS IN THE GAME, AND WITHOUT SECRETS THE GAME IS'NT SO INTERESTING!

Map11, "Hunted", The "Maze of Arch-Viles" is another mockery.
One SuperCharge they not put. Just some medikits. I need 2 hours to kill those archies and I was dead. Awful stuff. (But not awful like 1337...)

SSWolfenSie said:

Map11, "Hunted", The "Maze of Arch-Viles" is another mockery.
One SuperCharge they not put. Just some medikits. I need 2 hours to kill those archies and I was dead. Awful stuff. (But not awful like 1337...)

I'd say you use the wrong strategy against the Arch-Viles. You can't beat this level with the typical Doom attitude. The best strategy for this level is to kill as many as possible with the BFG (save some ammo on the previous levels!) and after that use the SSG and be sure you always have a corner you can hide behind. I can play this level without getting hurt by an attack even once.