Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quigybobo

Skulltag

I just downloaded skulltag and found that no one really plays online on it. So i was wondering what should I download to play online where there are lots of people playing, or what should I do to get myself started...

You should download skulltag and zdaemon ( http://zdaemon.org ) and if you have a good connection speed you should get legacy too ( http://legacy.newdoom.com ). That way you're always guaranteed to find some good action. Using all ports means you'll have a lot more options than just by using one. This way if you feel like some oldschool there's zdaemon, and if you're looking for newschool opengl mouselooking jumping goodness there's Legacy. If you're looking for DOOM with all kinds of crazy fun powerups and gameplay modes then jump on Skulltag and see what's shaking. You really shouldn't limit yourself to any one port. Collect them all today! :-)

I didn't know the master servers on Legacy were up again. What is the difference between ZDaemon and Skulltag, besides new weapons and items? I thought Skulltag was an upgrade of ZDaemon.
By the way, I recommend using IDE, because you can see if anyone is on CSDoom, ZDaemon, and Skulltag. Doom Connector does the same thing with Legacy, though it isn't up but should be soon.

FYI Doom Connector isn't Legacy-only; it supports ZDaemon, Skulltag, Domsday, csDoom, ZDoom and probably some other ports too.

I know, but I think it's the only one that does support Legacy.
Wait, how many of those programs are there?

Theoretically any source port since it uses external DLL files to define them. But as of right now there a 7 of them that are supported.

D'oh, how many browser programs are there? Sorry again for the ambiguous question.

Doom Connector has been down for a while because we did not had a host anymore. However, thanks to Mancubus we have a new host and the system will be reloaded in a day or two.

I dont think there will be that many people waiting anymore. Its not like this was unexpected, because it was announced beforehand that it would go down and never to be reloaded. But now that Mancubus is starting all this back up, I have to think about who will be moderating and administrating the system. I didnt like it as it was before. Edit: The topic about DC is HERE.