Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arckra

The doors don't like me X.x

Okay, so I was using DeepSea to build a level and I just made a little room with some monsters to test it out. Okay, it worked just fine, so I added a hall that led to another room and that worked just fine. I then added a door on that hall and now my game crashes when I try to open it. Erm, that can't be right.

I'm using Doom II for Windows 95. (Tee-hee, I got it a few weeks ago in its original package and still sealed)

Oh wait, nevermind. I shouldn't have posted anything with out asking a few of my friends first. *feels stupid* It works just fine on ZDoom. Thank you anyhow for trying to help. ^_^

Well said. Doom95 is full of odd little errors when it comes to reading nodes. In Doom95 a floor was raised 8 from the floor and used the sector's upper texture as a lower texture... none of that made any sense, but when used in Zdoom it worked fine. Doom95 has to be one of the most unstable ports of them all...

Well then, I guess I can just set my old Doom 95 away and keep it safe as one of those collector's item sort of things. Even though its value is like what.. nothing.

Yeah... back when I never heard of source-ports, Doom 95 had two things coming for it, the higher resolution (640x400, whoopie) and the launcher. BUT, nowadays with ZDoom, well I don't have to explain :D

Yeah... I wish there were a decent ZDoom launcher... I found one but it had a problem of some kind. The launcher's the only thing I miss about Doom95.

*Sigh* I remember playing hours on Doom95 before I ever heard of other wads or source ports...

netnomad312 said:

Yeah... I wish there were a decent ZDoom launcher... I found one but it had a problem of some kind. The launcher's the only thing I miss about Doom95.

How the opinions differ...
The launcher was the one thing about Doom95 that was driving me mad.

Well, Doom95 could also be run from the command line, IIRC... it would load the launcher anyway, but if you just went to new game it would also use whatever settings you put in at the command line.

netnomad312 said:

*Sigh* I remember playing hours on Doom95 before I ever heard of other wads or source ports...

I think that's the only reason I don't use ZDoom as often as I use my Doom 95. I find the launcher to be quite nifty if I want some faster than normal baddies after me.

Uh. You can set fast monsters in zdoom in the gameplay menu

Dron said:

Uh. You can set fast monsters in zdoom in the gameplay menu

Lol, yes I found this out a few days ago. I feel proud because it was all on my own. Okay, it wasn't exactly all on my own, a friend showed me.