Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Chopkinsca

My new ZDoom megawad

I have just started work on what will be a solo project (except maybe testers at some point).
I have completed what will be the first map, or intro map.
A demo can be downloaded from my fantastic site here

I just want to find out if people are interested in such a thing.

Come on Jamaica\
Everybody say\
We're all happy in Jamaica\
Do Jamaica jerk-off that way

Korn, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Now don't get mad, cuz you knew this was going to happen. :P

DooMBoy said:

Korn, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Now don't get mad, cuz you knew this was going to happen. :P

Yes, I did know. I even had "by solo I mean by not asking for help" in there, but I took it out before I posted.

God, about time someone made a wad involving Jamaica, I've been waiting for someone to do that since Doom came out.

Now wouldn't it be just great if the mods started doing this:

DooMBoy, before you start abusing the newproject tag, bear in mind that next time you do so, you'll be permanently banned.

NiGHTMARE said:

Now wouldn't it be just great if the mods started doing this:

DooMBoy, before you start abusing the newproject tag, bear in mind that next time you do so, you'll be permanently banned.

DooMBoy, before you start abusing your right to life, bear in mind that next time you do so, you'll be permanently banned.

People, before you start posting your new mega-cool-and-whatnot newproject abuse tag ideas, keep in mind that continued spamming is not tolerated around here and can land you in Losers for a few days. We have already seen dozens of members suffer the same fate.

OK OK OK, I'm sorry I said it. I had thought it would be a little humor, but I guess not.

DooMBoy said:

OK OK OK, I'm sorry I said it. I had thought it would be a little humor, but I guess not.

Wiener head. :D

I like zdoom, but are you sure you want to do 32 levels? Won't it be safer to do 10 or 6, just in case you get bored and quit dooming at some point?

Epyo said:

I like zdoom, but are you sure you want to do 32 levels? Won't it be safer to do 10 or 6, just in case you get bored and quit dooming at some point?

I wasn't really planning on making a true 'megawad' with 32 maps. Just as many as I need to make until the story is told or I get bored of it.

Mivalekan said:

What editors do you use for Zdoom scripting and whatnot? ;/

I just use doom builder's script editor.
only other program I use is XWE (despite the fact I believe it sometimes causes problems in the wad)

Well, the intro map looks good at the very least. I recommend doing a 21-level wad (20 normal levels and 1 secret) b/c I liek secret levels in a megawad that r teh kewl.
Oh, and those ice imps are spiffy. But the intro needs more explanation. How did these people get here? Who are they? It's not even immediately clear that you're in a 1st-person perspective from the start!

Pika132 said:

Well, the intro map looks good at the very least. I recommend doing a 21-level wad (20 normal levels and 1 secret) b/c I liek secret levels in a megawad that r teh kewl.
Oh, and those ice imps are spiffy. But the intro needs more explanation. How did these people get here? Who are they? It's not even immediately clear that you're in a 1st-person perspective from the start!

yeah, the 1st person thing is an issue.

As for who they are and why they were there is part of the plot (as of now).

I've decided that weapon pickups won't be in the game.

And by that, I assume you mean that there will be scripting that gives you weapons when you run across them. Will there be any new weapons? *thinks Jamaica blaster and boom-boom box*