Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cycloid

doombuilder tex alignment issue

i've carefully constructed a stack of crates and aligned all the textures nicelly but ingame some are off kilter, what's happening there then?

Thats weird, because the 3D Mode is an exact simulation of the in-game view, except that it uses 3D graphics acceleration. Why dont you upload the WAD file and tell us where to look?

Are you using ZDBSP? Maps compiled under it tend to generate misalignments under non-ZDoom ports. So if ZDBSP is the default DB nodebuilder I think it should be changed to something that doesn't have this issue.

may be zdsp but i don't know as i havent changed any settings or anything.... me checks ... yeah it is and i'm using prboom, what should i do?

Change the node builder settings to use ZenNode (which should be included with Doom Builder if I'm not mistaken)

cycloid said:

i've carefully constructed a stack of crates and aligned all the textures nicelly but ingame some are off kilter, what's happening there then?

I have the same problem... It seems random textures are misaligned and some lindefs look as if theres extra vertices inserted (textures will "restart" multiple times on a single lindef). I solved the problem by using an older version of Doom Builder to compile but I will try AgentSpork's approach instead..

sargebaldy said:

Are you using ZDBSP? Maps compiled under it tend to generate misalignments under non-ZDoom ports. So if ZDBSP is the default DB nodebuilder I think it should be changed to something that doesn't have this issue.

That never happens to me.

well i found the nodebuilder part of the config and browsed, found zennode right there in the DB dir and selected it. then when i tried to save my map it attempted to invoke it but it crashed. said something about the map being saved without nodes and that was it.

help!

If you are a noob and dont understand the parameters you need for these nodebuilders, then I suggest you just select a quick configuration from the dropdown list at the right top on the Nodebuilder configuration dialog.

CodeImp said:

If you are a noob and dont understand the parameters you need for these nodebuilders, then I suggest you just select a quick configuration from the dropdown list at the right top on the Nodebuilder configuration dialog.

Thats all it took.