Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SyntherAugustus

Hurray for Spring! (new games)

As you probably know, this spring a bunch of the good ol' anticipated games are coming out this month and next month. What plans do you have to buy these games? Here's my shopping list.

UT2004 [3/16] - Preordered today! :)
Painkiller [4/12] - Need to Preorder
Doom III [4/16 ?] - Need to Preorder
Condition Zero [3/23] - May Preorder after the two above
Farcry [3/23] - Probably Preorder it after UT2004 and Painkiller.
HalfLife 2 - [???] - Not sure.

My plans for spring involve getting my copy of Doom3 from Best Buy, attempting to beef up my system a hair, and then saving up for Half Life 2.

Oh, and I resolve to go outside when the weather permits.

People on this forum need to laid off games for a while...though I have already pre-ordered Doom 3 during New Year.

Don't get CZ, it's not worth $40...

I preordered painkiller and ut2k4 btw.

*looks at title*

roflmao! Keep in mind that I said DEMO FIRST, then try. I'm just not that sure about HL2. I may preorder CZ because I want to have a nice offline version of CS to play, but I don't really want it at full $40 though.

Vile said:

I wasn't going to bother with Painkiller after my response of disappointment, but I enjoyed the demo more after playing around with the physics and finding the secrets, messing with the weapon combos, diferent tricks and such. It doesn't seem like much at first glance but it turned into a fun experience after a while.

I agree. Painkiller seems to be more fun when you want to play around with the engine and unlock those card things.

I wasn't going to bother with Painkiller after my response of disappointment, but I enjoyed the demo more after playing around with the physics and finding the secrets, messing with the weapon combos, diferent tricks and such. It doesn't seem like much at first glance but it turned into a fun experience after a while.

wait CS conditon zero isnt out? WTF we sell the freaking players guide it it at work, yea that makes a whole hell of alot of sence.

maybe half-life II, and well Doom III,
better save up for half-life II, its gonna be $80+ for both single and muiltiplayer versions. well that is the current price, i hope they change it. yea i know it is fucking lame, and it is TRUE. i know cause i work at a place that sells it. and we are pissed at valve and getting a bit edgy with Id.

it was do out in november (HL 2) doom III is at most second quater 2004, and time after is too late. best buy has been getting very picky about preorders, and may even stop doing them.
given games like duke4, halo and halo 2 have screwed them over due to eithe failing to release or horible delays

I wouldn't mind a bit if all these games were delayed again. I'm already spending too much time lurking in forums and playing FFXI when I SHOULD be creating artwork for my game. We were already supposed to have an alpha out by now...

Hooray for spring, the first exhibition game was played today!

UT2004 [3/16] - Looking forward.
Painkiller [4/12] - Don't care.
Doom III [4/16 ?] - Really looking forward.
Condition Zero [3/23] - Don't care.
Farcry [3/23] - Don't care.
HalfLife 2 - Don't care.

Lame, lame, meh, lame, lame, meh.

If on an off chance i get money and decide to spend it on an XBox I may get Doom3 and Half-Life 2. Still, it's very unlikely. All my money is going into other stuff I have planned.

The only game I'm actually looking forward to on that list is Halflife 2 and Doom3 (for the xbox). A game that's not on the list that I'm looking forward to is Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. I'm buying a gamecube just for that game :p.