Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yattad3

DooM3Center.com Online

DooM3Center, the website we have been working on, is now open to the public. Please visit our website at the following URL:

doom3center.com

Or to access our forums, visit http://d3c.ngz-network.de/forum .

We would like to thank Major Fleischer, Nachoking, and Freakman for all the hard work they have put into the site.

I hope you guys like it. :)

Although I know for a fact that advertising isn't allowed here, that site looks pretty nice.

(edit: for a second I thought the doomguy pic in the left corner was a real actor O_o)

BlackFish said:

Although I know for a fact that advertising isn't allowed here, that site looks pretty nice.

(edit: for a second I thought the doomguy pic in the left corner was a real actor O_o)

Um, why wouldn't advertising be allowed here?

BBG said:

Um, why wouldn't advertising be allowed here?

Go ask the mods. I remember somebody's thread got ph'ed after somebody advertised his doom site.

Just so ya know,That obviously isnt the Spider Mastermind in the drawing it's the Arachnotron since it's using a plasma weapon.

Looks nice and UAC-y. But right now there's half a dozen Doom III fansites like this, all very nicely designed but with very little content. Should be interesting to see which one of these is going to get the most attention once the game is released.

Caco-Puff said:

Just so ya know,That obviously isnt the Spider Mastermind in the drawing it's the Arachnotron since it's using a plasma weapon.

You don't know that. For all you know it could have changed. Afterall, the Archvile no longer resurrects monsters but summons them.

As for advertising, the only reason I see it should be against the rules to advertise is a fear of competition (which would be ridiculous), or other people are actually paying to advertise here, which they aren't.

Nice site!

One comment on the "foes" page: it doesn´t make much sense to list all the different flavours of zombie in a separate slot... I mean, "zombie", "zombie II" (in the pic it´s just the dead corpse of a scientist) and "fat zombie", wtf? At leat the maintanance zombie and the fat zombie are exactly the same kind of monster, they just look different.

Also the classifications, "spider" doesn´t make much sense eithe... you could maybe split up the demons in hellspawn (Imps, Hellknight etc) and cybernatically enhanced demons (Lost Soul, Arachnotron...).

On the allies / NPCs: "UAC marine 2" is not an UAC marine! They have "MARSEC" written all over their helmet, they belong probably to the security team of the installation. At least I think so :)

Melfice said:

You don't know that. For all you know it could have changed. Afterall, the Archvile no longer resurrects monsters but summons them.

How do you know the archvile can't resurrect monsters? I ain't heard that yet is it recent news?. Plus i think it must be the design for the arachnatron coz ID say in most interviews, they wont give out ANY info on boss monsters (unless the spidermastermind aint a boss monster anymore) alwell time will tell.

Plus i'm sure weve had this conversation before countless times!

In regards to the topic, the site is quite good. I love the fanart pic of the cyberdemon, fantastic!, i wouldn't be surprised if that sketch was far of the doom 3 design. :D

Lectrix said:

How do you know thw archvile can't resurrect monsters? I ain't heard that yet is it recent news?. Plus i think it must be the design for the arachnatron coz ID say in most interviews, they wont give out ANY info on boss monsters (unless the spidermastermind aint a monster anymore) alwell time will tell.

Plus i'm sure weve had this conversation before countless times!

Lectrix is quite right. Id stated a long while ago (after releasing the vid where the Arachnotron concept sketch is taken from) that they wouldn't release any images of boss critters. I seriously doubt they would have degraded the Spider Mastermind to a regular enemy.

And yeah, there has been no official info stating that the archie cannot resurrect monsters, merely that it can now summon monsters depending on your location (he summons flying nasties if you're above/below it and ground-pounding grunt nasties if you're on the same level as it) - that doesn't necessarily mean that they removed archie's resurrect ability (they may have limited it though).

Oh and: Nice looking site, but I find it funny how fan sites such as the one in question here put up a lot of info on the enemies, despite barely knowing anything about these critters' attacks, nor their position in the "difficulty hiararchy".

Thanks for your support guys. There is so much to do on the website I don't know where to begin. Some content is missing because we had to remove some scans from the website. I don't know where to begin... ;)

Your site is top notch, love the design of the menu's and pages because they closly match the computer systems GUI in the game, id keep it at that theme throughout, but you can't expect to begin with the amount of shush shush until doom 3 comes out.

Doom3center.com's 'foes' section said:

Cherub[/b]
Don't let its baby face swindle your train of thought - one wrong move and you're done for. This little toddler is going to fly on your head and crack your skull open with its sharp claws.

Uh, how do you know that? You've seen any videos we haven't? :-P

That was just one example (yes, I know it's similar on planetdoom) and I can't help but find it hilarious that sites like the one in question put up detailed info about enemies they really don't have a clue about. Btw, I think I read somewhere recently that the Cherub tries to fuck with your mind (could be anything really).

Not a complaint, just an observation.

This, however, is closer to an actual complaint:

What is the release date?
Most retailers including EB Games and Best Buy have stated April 14th or 15th as the release date. Gamespot had put up a news article on February 26th, 2004, stating that Activision has confirmed the game would be released on the 15th of April; the article was taken down shortly after Activision complained to Gamespot about spreading the news too early.

The only official release date is "When it's done" as emphasized by Todd Hollenshead in a recent plan update (actually linked to at your site). I suggest you write that and emphasize that everything else suggested is most likely false.
Otherwise you're gonna have hordes of, pardon me, ignorant people going all bananas over the dates in your faq.

But it's just a suggestion anyway.

The design is pretty cool though and it has some nice sections.