Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowRunner

What do you like to see in (insert theme) type maps?

Since people have agreed with me that Uac base wasnt how i planned it out to be and people didnt understand the way it was going,ive pushed it aside to be redone in the near future(looking to be like a REAL uac base would be).

So in this case im planning on working on a Doom2 wood,metal,somewhat tech,trappy,hard map.

The only problem is i dont know what people really love to see in those types of maps.
The wood flats and cielings are limited,and the textures arent that much at all.

Any suggestions?

Lots of cement tile. A very nice yet overlooked texture (and texture set).

Well when ur going for the gothic wood look(Also includes outdoor areas with grass and stuff most definitly will be involved.)its kinda pretty hard.I am using Metal and Support 3 though which helps.Blood pools,water pools,and slime pools also look good on this look.Torches are pretty good at this point as well.Ive allready got the stairways made and stuff.

But im just clueless on what type of rooms to make here.

Better yet.
Any Texture pack links that are good for a Gothic/Wooden/Metal/Outdoor map would help me alot before i get started here.......

Why not try searching for yourself instead of asking other people to look for you?

This is the third thread I've seen you post this kind of request in.

It's ok. He might not be the most direct about it but he's only trying to cater to us in his wad.

Or something.

Support3 is good for adding detail and starting "separating" two walls with different textures. If thats your intention then great!

As for new textures, you should try making them yourself. Flats are only 64X64 so it won't take long to create.

Shtbag667 said:

Support3 is good for adding detail and starting "separating" two walls with different textures.

DOORSTOP is better.

Job said:

DOORSTOP is better.

I agree, for tech/metal maps. I make alot of brick style maps so I think support3 works better. Situation (and taste) dictates.

It really depends on the textures. Then again, SUPPORT3 can be hard to work with because you sort of need a 24-unit line to work with. That's a bit hard in my wad (in some places) so I created a modified patch that looks like SUPPORT3 but is only 16 units long...

netnomad312 said:

It really depends on the textures. Then again, SUPPORT3 can be hard to work with because you sort of need a 24-unit line to work with. That's a bit hard in my wad (in some places) so I created a modified patch that looks like SUPPORT3 but is only 16 units long...

Heh, just give support3 an x offset of 24 on a 16-unit line and it will look great.

ShadowRunner said:

Ravage,hook me up with any good looking gothic textures/flats.
Even some wooden and metal will do.

You make it sound like you want crack from the guy or something. LOL

This thread has been MONGED.

My favorite style?
Speaking strictly of the stock textures, I like anything except cavern maps. I find them to be an eyesore.

By the way, it's really pointless to ask "what should I make for you guys". If the map is good the texturing wont really matter too much (although a good theme is always nice. But it's just a bonus.) Also, no matter what there will always be people who dont like your map. It's better to just make something that you like.

Good point assmaster.Which is why im showing off only three screens as of today.Currently you start off underground and gotta work your way to get out of the underground area and get the hell out of this hell.

"The Lighting of the Torches"

"Where is Everybody?"

"Holy Crap,and whats up their...?"

Use3D said:

Heh, just give support3 an x offset of 24 on a 16-unit line and it will look great.

Or you could give the support3 or 2 texture an x offset of 4, works the same way :)

ShadowRunner said:

Look where the chaingunners are.Theirs a Dark hallway leading to somewhere......

PLEASE. LEARN. THE. DIFFERENCE. BETWEEN. "THEY'RE," "THEIR," AND "THERE."

I don't know how many times i've heard the famous shadowrunner phrase. "Since (insert name of failed attempt to make a good map here) sucked,im Gonna start A new Map.its gonna Be the best Map ever and itll definetly Make it in to newstuff.Trust Me guys,i'tll kikcass." Maybe mapping/spelling just isn't your thing, dude.

johnnyrules182 said:

I don't know how many times i've heard the famous shadowrunner phrase. "Since (insert name of failed attempt to make a good map here) sucked,im Gonna start A new Map.its gonna Be the best Map ever and itll definetly Make it in to newstuff.Trust Me guys,i'tll kikcass." Maybe mapping/spelling just isn't your thing, dude.

That's perhaps the most intellgent thing that has ever passed your lips.