Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomerDude123

Most annoying moster...

In no particular order...

Chaingunner (Damn annoying and can kill you before you notice)
Pain Elemental (He shoots lost souls all over the fucking place and gives them a bad name)
Archvile (His attack is impossible to escape if there's no cover and he can reseruct demons)

And I don't get why you all hate the Revenant

Cyb said:

that floating eye with the green symbol; man I know those just kinda sit there and don't hurt you or anything, but they can't be killed and I don't trust 'em!

Dron said:

In no particular order...

Chaingunner (Damn annoying and can kill you before you notice)
Pain Elemental (He shoots lost souls all over the fucking place and gives them a bad name)
Archvile (His attack is impossible to escape if there's no cover and he can reseruct demons)

And I don't get why you all hate the Revenant

We hate the Revenant cause he has the annoying heat-seeker missiles and he runs fast as hell.

well, the most annoying monster in my opinion would be without a doubt the Baron of Hell!

reason: he is so boring to fight. too much hitpoints needed to kill him and at the same time not really a serious threat. (unfair situations aside)
whenever i get into a room with 5 or more of them i just wish it would be over already since it is so repetitive.

btw. the knight of hell is great. balanced just right.
if the baron would be just a little bit more different or have some kind of other attack he probably would be also a great monster.

oh, and i also used to be pretty scared by the revenant until i just stopped running away from his rockets!
wait until the rocket is almost right in your face and then just make a quick sidestep followed by moving forward and the rocket will need quite some time to catch up with you again. (the key is not to move to early). now you got enough time to run up to the bastard and nail him with two point blank shots from your double barrel.

Pain Elemental for me. I've never liked enemies which spawn minions rather than fighting themselves. But I don't think they are a bad enemy at all, since they have a very distinct role in the Doom2 roster and require a different strategy to all the other Doom2 monsters.

Arachnotrons are definately annoying .. that damn machine noise they make drives me nuts, and somehow they always manage to be in some sealed off area .. so I can't kill them and make that damn noise stop >:O

And they're insanely annoying in large areas too .. you're just sitting there, when suddenly 5 plasma balls hit you in a row and you're toast. #&*@!

I think the Icon of Sin is a rather dumb enemy, and the Pain Elemental too but somewhat less so. As for the other monsters it really depends on how they're used. Commandos can be a real pisser sometimes (Like in some of the Plutonia levels).

dsm said:

Heh, when I played Wolf3d with a sound card, I thought the SS guys were just laughing in a really retarded way. When I first played through map 31, I thought it sounded like they were saying "You're in trouble!" really fast.

"Oh? Let's see who's really in trouble around here, you fascist pig!" *Blammm!*

Oh and I thought their death phrases sounded like "Retrieve it!", which made nada sense of course.

Even after reading what the phrases are supposed to be, it still sounds to me like he says "Shoot! Stop 'em!" and "I'm leaving!". I also think the sounds in Doom 2 sound less German than they did in Wolfenstein 3D for some reason.

What's a moster?

As for monsters. Revenants. In themselves they're extremely cool and effective enemies, but they're often times over used.

chaingunner, icon of sin in hell revealed ultra violence... cant kill it.
i always thought the nazis in the secret levels said: "ein trottel"..."a stupid motherfucker"
"mein leben" can be understood.

My least favorite? ..hmm.. that would be the cyberdemon. I cannot stand the sound he makes when he walks. I would reach for the little knob dealie that turns off my sound, but then I wouldn't hear the rockets when they launch. x.x;

Then second least favorite would be the lost soul.

Revenant, only because prick mappers like to put plagues of them in their maps in conjunction with archviles and fucking pain elementals. HAVE YOU MAPPERS NO SHAME?

Arckra said:

I cannot stand the sound he makes when he walks. I would reach for the little knob dealie that turns off my sound

Why don't you like it?

Dron said:

Why don't you like it?

I don't know really. The whole kerthunk, kerthunk sounds annoying after a while.

Personally I like the Pain Elemental the most of all the enemies,He has a unique attack.And he blends everything cool about the Cacodemon with a better pallette.I even have a Pain Elemental skin :P

Caco-Puff said:

Personally I like the Pain Elemental the most of all the enemies,He has a unique attack.And he blends everything cool about the Cacodemon with a better pallette.I even have a Pain Elemental skin :P

Thanks to the Pain Elemental you can get up to 1,000% Kills, or at least on the PSX version.

Arckra said:

Thanks to the Pain Elemental you can get up to 1,000% Kills, or at least on the PSX version.

Yeah, must be a quirk of the console version (or vice versa) since in the PC version lost souls don't count for kills. You could possibly achieve that kill score with an arch-vile if you planned it right, but it'd probably be more trouble than it's worth to execute...

Draconio said:

Yeah, must be a quirk of the console version (or vice versa) since in the PC version lost souls don't count for kills. You could possibly achieve that kill score with an arch-vile if you planned it right, but it'd probably be more trouble than it's worth to execute...

Yes, it is. I tried that on the PC version with the arch-vile. Whoo, not a good idea.

Anyhow, I did get a good kill number on Twilight Descends on the PSX version. (Though I personally hate that level...)

Arch-Viles are the ones I hate the most. Every time I see them, I groan. 'Hunted' in Plutonia was like 'goddamn it'.

Arckra said:

My least favorite? ..hmm.. that would be the cyberdemon. I cannot stand the sound he makes when he walks. I would reach for the little knob dealie that turns off my sound, but then I wouldn't hear the rockets when they launch. x.x;

*de-lurks once again to defend the Cyber*

Man, to me that sound is one of the coolest things about him. I always love hearing that sound in a map because it means that somewhere nearby is a Cyberdemon for me to fight... mmm. Yummy.

The chaingunner?

Naw. The Spider Mastermind is much worse. The Spider Mastermind is the chaingunner, except that it has 3,000 HP (compared to the Chaingunner's 60 HP) and is WAY less likely to be hurt. I have seen a Spider Mastermind kill TWO CYBERDEMONS (4,000 Health Points EACH) before dying to the third one. The only reason why none put the Spider Mastermind is because they are extremely rare. They are way harder, though.

So long as I can get behind something or keep on moving, the Spidermastermind is pretty easy for me. Its the cyberdemon that I don't enjoy battling it out with.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Fight both a cyberdemon and a spiderdemon without a BFG - then you'll see which is harder.

Then, that's when its a good idea to run a huge circle around them both and only hope to get them to fight eacother. :D Then you can take out the survivor.