Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMer 4ever

River Of Revenge revived, suggestions/playtesters needed

I'm going to start mapping again and the idea is that I'm going to improve all the levels in my riverge.wad and do new ones. I've already started to make a new level and it seems that it's going to be pretty detailed, even overdetailed.

So, I would like to have some suggestions how to improve the old maps. Especially I'm interested in having suggestions about improving the gameplay, as that is the harder part for me (just downloaded doombuilder a few days ago and that level editor makes the mapping part almost too easy :) And oh yes, I'm not going to add slopes or any other fancy zdoom effects because I'm too lazy to try to learn all that.

Later on I'm going to need playtesters for the improved old maps as well as the new maps, so if you wish to be a playtester, you can tell it to me here too.

So, download riverge.zip in the /ports folder if you haven't already done so. You might want to see the improvements I've already done so if you want the final version of the wad just ask for it and I'll send it to you.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. I don't know how to add extra textures to the wad. I would want an animated waterwall, but don't know about the pnames stuff and all that. If someone could tell me how to do it or better still, send it to me in a wad file, I would really appreciate it.

This is actually not correct.

Even though no WFALL textures exist in either the Doom or the Doom2 IWAD Doom still recognise WFALL1-4 as animated textures weirdly enough.

I got the waterfall texture working, though it wasn't that easy :) So no futher help needed on that matter.

udderdude said:

I'll edit this post later with my opinion on the levels :P

Thanks, would you like to have the latest version of the wad so you'd see some of the changes I've already made? Map04 is at least a lot more enjoyable now IMO as there is a lot more rockets now and you might want to see the beginning of my new map as well.

Is it really so that no one else is interested? This IS going to be a lot more than just another Doom project with maps that doesn't have any new ideas you know. My newest map for example has already about 200 sectors and I've only completed about 5% of it at max, so it's going to be one of the best detailed maps ever made, honestly!

If you think you can help or even if you're interested in seeing what I'm talking about knowing that you won't have time to give me any feedback just ask for the wad here and I'll send it to you right away.