Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ed

FFVII: Advent Children

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/608/608155/vids_1.html

Anyone see the trailer for this yet? I hope they release atleast an english dubbed version in the U.S., being a huge fan of the prequil. The shots of Sephiroth look awesome, I wonder who this 'new' charachters are, and how they're going to build off the original story-line (seeing as the world, or, Midgar atleast, gets leveled)

Seeing as i "didnt mind" the first FF movie (not including the awful anime's of course), a movie based on one of the games, and one of the better games at that, should be great!

..UNLESS of course, they "FF8 it up", ie make it like the newer, and utterly shit, FF's for the sake of getting a load of dribbling morons to like it

I wonder if Sephiroth is gonna be as much of a wuss as he was in Final Fantasy VII.

Grimm said:

I wonder if Sephiroth is gonna be as much of a wuss as he was in Final Fantasy VII.

Grimm's Title:
Ultra-conservative homophobic DOLT

What does being an ultra-conservative homophobic dolt have to do with thinking that Sephiroth is a wuss?

Fredrik said:

What does being an ultra-conservative homophobic dolt have to do with thinking that Sephiroth is a wuss?

Perhaps Melfice is trying to highlight the fact that he's gay?

Not even that "extreme", its simply because he had long hair (must be gay!), wore black (must be a goth!) and could fly (must be a satanist!)

Actually, I was referring to the fact the I beat him in about 3 minutes, then with one limit break on the solo fight (I hope to God it was supposed to be that easy). I never went around leveling up, either. Of course there's also the fact he looks like a wuss too. (At least in the FMVs. When you're fighting with him in the flashback, he's pretty cool. Shame he wasn't that tough in the end.) Advent Children should have large-scale battles against all the weapons. That would interest me a lot more than Sephiroth. I'll probably see it anyway, though. :)

Also, I want you, Melfice, for stepping foward and proving once again that these forums are the most predictable place on Earth.

Actually, I was referring to the fact the I beat him in about 3 minutes

Yeah, that's what I thought.

deathbringer said:

..UNLESS of course, they "FF8 it up", ie make it like the newer, and utterly shit, FF's for the sake of getting a load of dribbling morons to like it

It allready looks like it's using FF8/10's realistic style. Looks like they're just trying to please the morons this time! :p

What did you expect? Anime? This is Square-- they have hundreds of superprocessors in a warehouse somewhere doing NOTHING.

I dont mind the LOOKS of FF8 (well, a movie with deformed cutesy RPG characters would just be wierd), i hated the storyline elements, like the fact youre working for a government, rather than being a band of rebels fighting a huge empire (and maybe or maybe not finding out thier second-in-command is your dad in the process), oh and the stupid hovercraft bits, all the useless battle gimmicks, and the main character was a whiney little fuck who deserved to be battered with a crowbar over and over...

Grimm said:

Advent Children should have large-scale battles against all the weapons. That would interest me a lot more than Sephiroth. I'll probably see it anyway, though. :)

Er, the WEAPONs are like 75 feet tall each. I'd sure like to see Cloud beat on them with a Buster sword, yeah.

As I said, large scale. Like when Saphire Weapon attacked, uh, Juno, was it?

Nah, they'd make Terra have blonde hair and make the magitek armour look like some dinosaur thing, rather than her having green hair and the magitek armour being a cool mech/tank thing, like it is IN THE GAME!

There's no way they could make the FF6 characters look as cool as they do in the game.

Grimm said:

As I said, large scale. Like when Saphire Weapon attacked, uh, Juno, was it?

Junon's missing its cannon and Midgar is in ruins, so there's no actual military left to do anything.

Besides that, consider this:

Sapphire was destroyed by the Junon cannon
Diamond was destroyed by the Midgar cannon
Ruby and Emerald weren't in the Japanese version

The only one that MIGHT be able to be in the movie is Ultima, but it's quite possible everyone who played the game killed him, so it'd be kind of weird to have him be alive in the movie.

I doubt any WEAPONs from the game will be in the movie.

Ja, I know, I'm just saying it would be very cool. The fight against Sapphire weapon is one of my favorite moments from any game. What the Hell could this even be about, anyway? What could it be like? Will it suck as much as The Spirits Within? Hopefully I won't find out the answer to the last qustion the hard way . . .

Final Fantasy VI is perfect as it is. No need for it to get screwed up by some spin-off.

Final Fantasy VI is perfect as it is. No need for it to get screwed up by some spin-off.

*Hides his comics, and his in-progress doom wad of the comics...oh wait, that got deleted*

I dunno what the storyline of this movie will be about, considering:

1-Shinra was overthrown, thier capital city was destroyed, and all thier leading members where killed

2-All the weapons where (probably) killed..ok i didnt do ruby, but i imagine most people who played the game at least tried

3-Sephiroth died, three times, i think its safe to assume he's going to stay dead now

I have played some FF7 sequels made using RPG maker, but they had storylines that where a bit stupid, and werent finished, so i doubt the game will be anything like those..
(though one had cloud going "You are huge!" to a guy before fighting him)

I can imagine that it will probably involve the promised land, aeris being in the lifestream, and maybe some "new threat", such as the lifestream of sephiroth making another one of him (like bugenagen explained), except a movie where cloud finds a baby thats just been born and kills it wouldnt be that interesting..

Hum, i'm rambling a bit, i just hope it has motorbikes, some guns (but doesnt overdo them), massive explosions, lots of magic, huge battles, and a dumb 80's action movie storyline...er

Fredrik said:

There's no way they could make the FF6 characters look as cool as they do in the game.

Yeah. If you've ever played Final Fantasy: Anthologies, and seen the video(s) they have on the disk which are of FF6, but like FF8 quality, then yeah. They made Kefka some skinny young guy with bad clown makeup. I always figured he was some heavy-set middle-aged dandy (though yes, he was skinny in the boss fight battles, but oh well).

I hate most of the 're-imagined' (like the new italian job) characters in the playstation FF6, lets see

Terra-Wrong hair, clothes are wrong

Setzer-Ok looking, but that is one huge collar on his jacket

Locke-You never see his face! stupid!

Edgar-The closest to the 'real thing' (the in-game sprite), and gorgeous

Celes-Good, but she doesnt look like a general, she looks like terra mk2

Sabin-Wrong clothes, but otherwise ok

Imperial soldiers-Look cool-ish, but thier uniforms look much less 'functional' than those of the ingame sprites, but then the ones you see in the intro are only gaurds, so they could be like the buckingham palace gaurds in london, who have wierd uniforms, but wear proper ones when they are on normal army duty

Kefka-Looks like a knob, but then he wasnt much better in the game, i reckon he should have been a cold unfeeling cyborg, but thats the inner doom manual speaking...

Grimm said:

What the Hell could this even be about, anyway?

There's a comment in the trailer about "they" finding Jehova's head, and I remember hearing something about clones of Sephiroth.

My guess is that Square is keeping things as vague as possible in an attempt to make GameFAQs fall off it's axis from all the theorising. :P

OK, so, let's look at what we have here...

1.) Sephiroth is back. Possibly in numbers.
2.) A group of bad people have retrieved Jehova's head.
3.) By the female voice saying why she died, I'd imagine that Aeris makes at least a cameo.
4.) Barret looks less like Mr. T, dissapointingly.
5.) There will be action. Not Scuba Steve's famed ACTION! action, but action enough.
6.) Arrangements of the FF7 music? This trailer has a piano rendition of the Aeris theme, so it doesn't seem too far-fetched.

Reading the page, the best guess is that the silver-haired young man with the katana is a Sephiroth clone, or possibly Sephiroth's clone, which is being controlled by Sephiroth (it's also said that Sephiroth is possibly the man in the wheelchair).