Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cactus

How to do a teleport to another map whitout intermission screen?

How to do a teleport to another map whitout intermission screen?
I searched but I can't find how to do that.

Cyber menace said:

"basically putting nointermission on them and then using the "TeleportToLevel" (or something like that) Zdoom command, you can switch back and forth between levels of the same cluster and the game will remember everything about that level until you switch clusters. If you just want more levels than it is simple. Use the MAPINFO lump again. Just keep adding definitions until you reach your desired number."

When he says "the game will remember evreything about that level.."
does that includes monsters killed ,doors opened ,keys..etc ?!!!
That would be great!

If you just want to leave a level without creating a hub and no intermission screen it's fully sufficient to put 'nointermission' in the MAPINFO lump for the level. No further special handling is necessary.

Well actually What I would want to have is a way to fragment a big
level in sublevels ,easy to handle easy to load ,and which will be
big as I want it to.
The problem teleporting to another level and re-teleport to the
previous one is, doors are closed ,ennemies are all alive, etc....

I saw a script in "A WARM PLACE" which does teleport to another level
and re-teleport whith keeping all infos ,ennemies,doors,etc...
Dunno how it works really :/

Yes, your computer's RAM is used when making a HUB so it freezes the level in a perfectly frozen state. So if you killed a monster and switched levels while it was dying, you could warp back right in front of the monster and see it finish dying. This is called a HUB and can be made by adding something like this in your MAPINFO:

clusterdef 1
hub
This will tell all of the maps in cluster 1 to work as a HUB and to remember everything about the level until you leave the cluster. To leave the cluster just mark a map as cluster 2 and Exit to that level... or just end the game if you wish. Hubs are one of the greatest things about Zdoom and are a good thing to learn. Oh and thanks for paying attention to my previous words... not many people do that these days so I have to post it over and over again. I hope this explanation helps.