Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StRiKeR

redlite/yellowlite

Anybody know where I can find these textures if they exist? In the center of my level, theres 3 sections, a blue, a yellow, and a red. I'm using "bluelite" on the floor-edge to follow down the hall and would like to do the same on the other hallways.

Just remember that yellow is a bit tricky to achieve, given there's not as many shades of it in the DooM palette. Personally I'd go for green instead (including the key if the scheme is key-based) but of course that's up to you.

I've found green just as hard. First off, it's not as easy as simply manipulating that Wintex oddity (the one where it changes all red to blue, cyan to yellow, etc, when you load a 24-bit bmp). I found a green switch once that looks like SW2, and it had a decent green pallette. I use that to manually recolor things sometimes. Although sometimes I have to do it pixel-by-pixel (or pretty close)... I once did a green recolor of FLAT22, only to find the exact same thing two days later in NiGHTMARE's recolor thing...

Red is really really easy, green is kind of easy. Just get PSP 5.0 (which is a free download) and color them yourself. Just make sure to apply the Doom palette.

BlackFish said:

Thing #?

You could also do this via HUE recoloring via photoshop.

Err not thing, thingy. My bad.

PSP 5 is a free download? ....wow. I searched for PSP and only got non-free versions. *Searches for PSP5*

EDIT: Argh... where is this thing? The only paint shop I can see on their site is version 8. No version 5 download anywhere. What's worse, their "download" link just takes me back to that same page...