Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SyntherAugustus

Old Doom Music...Reduxed?

You guys think id plans on adding good ol classic doom music into Doom3? (Reduxed anyway). This would appeal to classic doom fans and give the others some good ol memories.

On the other hand, the videos seem to show that Doom3 isn't as "consistently-intense" as classic doom.

Well, imo, that'd be ridiculous to do such with a game that's going to have the atmosphere that Doom 3 will. I'd expect it not to have much at all, and if any, ambient sort of music like in Final Doom for Playstation.

Maybe in a secret area / map or something, but for the actual soundtrack? No fucking way.

Some of the themes, for instance those of E2M2 and E2M4, would definitely work in the setting of Doom 3.

Some remixed Doom songs in the menues would be cool! But in the actual game it will probably do better with ambient sound only.

Iirc, there will barely be any music score in Doom 3. There will be "music like" sounds in certain events.

If there were to be any remixed classic Doom tunes in Doom 3, they would have to be chosen carefully and those chosen would have to be made much, much more evil sounding than the originals.

But surely the DoomGuy's High-Tech neato Space suit gets Radio Reception or has a Mp3 player on it or something. :D

Or its walking around with a giant Boom Box on his shoulder for him.

I don't expect any music other than something similar to that of psx oom or doom64. Other than that i'm expecting peace and quiet, with the exception of sfx.

DOOM Anomaly said:

But surely the DoomGuy's High-Tech neato Space suit gets Radio Reception or has a Mp3 player on it or something. :D

Or its walking around with a giant Boom Box on his shoulder for him.

/Me looks at doomguy's suit.

Doesn't look very high-tech to me. Looks kinda gritty, low-techy - like most military equipment nowadays.

Sorry, just playing along with your joke in my own weird fashion ;-)

DOOM Anomaly said:

There´s some room for eastereggs for sure :) Not necessarely in the Doomguys space suit, but maybe within all the stuff he can download on his PDA he will also find a music file labeled "I sawed the demons"

Tetzlaff said:

There´s some room for eastereggs for sure :) Not necessarely in the Doomguys space suit, but maybe within all the stuff he can download on his PDA he will also find a music file labeled "I sawed the demons"

Why that file exactly?

Sure, why not? An old music track remix thingy as some kind of easter egg wouldn't be a bad thing.

On the subject of the Doomguy's "ultra super duper and whatnot high-tech" suit, if it had an MP3 player, you'd think the Doomguy would like to listen to something a bit different than classic Doom music? :-P

No, except maybe for a couple hidden areas, or cleaverly placed in certain situations for old time's sake. For instance, one of the level themes could be playing on the radio in one of the offices, during the credits, or through the installation process.

No. That would be retarded think about it... walking down a dark corridor gun in hand with a hell knight jumping out of nowhere all with E1M1 music playing...