Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

TV station got owned

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/8191

A Raleigh, North Carolina cable news channel shut down a Web application designed to allow local schools and businesses to report weather-related closings last week, after a handful of puckish university students discovered they could use it to add textual graffiti to the station's newscast.

Danarchy said:

I read somewhere that this was a hoax.

Im not sure about that. This was on fark. They linked to a message board that was posting screenies and shots of tvs. Who really knows in this day and age anyway?

If this is real then this is one of the greatest hacks ever. I wish I could pull off something like that.

Heh, funny, but they're still assholes. No different than what deathz0r did to Newdoom. Hate to bring up old stuff, but maybe that'll put it in context for you.

i have seen similar things happen. i do remember when the time waner 'guide' and 'guide' channle where hacked. for like a day there was junk like "all your base are belong to us" and all that lame hacker talk shit.
however i never did see a news report on it.

i dont know if this one is real or not

Meh, doesn't sound like anything more than the typical stuff. Nothing really exceptional or humorous about it. The person shoulda kept it to himself and planned something really creative out. The days of creative pranking are long gone I think.

Sephiroth said:

for like a day there was junk like "all your base are belong to us" and all that lame hacker talk shit.

hmm

Grimm said:

Heh, funny, but they're still assholes. No different than what deathz0r did to Newdoom. Hate to bring up old stuff, but maybe that'll put it in context for you.

Yes because signing up for an internet-based company closing announcement service then changing your details so a funny message shows up on TV is exactly the same as taking part of a mass hack of an internet forum about Doom which results in the complete destruction of said forum. There's absolutely no difference whatsoever!

deathz0r didn't do the hacking, dipshit. He only fucked with the appearence. Get your shit together before you flame someone.

Jonathan said:
the same as taking part of a mass hack of an internet forum

Try reading. I never said he did the initial hacking but by fucking around with the appearance he was taking part. And exactly what he did doesn't change the fact that the two situations are completely different. Try having something worth saying before you open your mouth.

deathz0r didn't have anything to do with the actual hacking. All he did was fuck with the appearance, which is what these guys did. If you want to lump him in with the hackers, go ahead, but I think that if deathz0r stayed on the side Newdoom would have been hacked anyway.

Grimm said:

if deathz0r stayed on the side Newdoom would have been hacked anyway.

Probably in a more destructive, less funny way.