Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was thinking about this for a while, and I pulled something out of the void I call a brain about a day ago.

I'm starting to make my own Episode 5 wad for DooM1, inspired by the "In Thy Nightmares" megawad going on right now. I'm going to have some screenshots of the maps up not too long from now, just looking for a good place to put them. I've got some map names-

E5M1 : Quay
E5M2 : The Rapids
E5M3 : The River of Fire
E5M4 : The Citadel
E5M5 : The Cathedral
E5M6 : Halls of the Apostate
E5M7 : Ramparts of Perdition
E5M8 : Cryptonoctem
E5M9 : Catafalque

Episode Name : Ocean of Fear

Please tell me if either Ocean of Fear or Cryptonoctem are names already used in other wads/Doom-related stuff.

Darkhaven4 said:

I was thinking about this for a while, and I pulled something out of the void I call a brain about a day ago.

I'm starting to make my own Episode 5 wad for DooM1, inspired by the "In Thy Nightmares" megawad going on right now. I'm going to have some screenshots of the maps up not too long from now, just looking for a good place to put them. I've got some map names-

E5M1 : Quay
E5M2 : The Rapids
E5M3 : The River of Fire
E5M4 : The Citadel
E5M5 : The Cathedral
E5M6 : Halls of the Apostate
E5M7 : Ramparts of Perdition
E5M8 : Cryptonoctem
E5M9 : Catafalque

Episode Name : Ocean of Fear

Please tell me if either Ocean of Fear or Cryptonoctem are names already used in other wads/Doom-related stuff.

Hmm, you're taking most names directly from Heretic and then ask about the only ones that are new? Strange...

It's a good idea to make a nightmare themed wad for Ultimate Doom, only the first time it was attempted it fizzled out and that was that, I guess.
Oh, it would be a good idea to come up with your own level names instead of whoring off of Heretic.

why does it have to be 'episode 5' can't you just make a new episode. I don't understand this obsession with 'extending' the original maps that people have once in a while. hell, the original maps are totally sub-par compared to a lot of stuff that comes out today

Cyb said:

hell, the original maps are totally sub-par compared to a lot of stuff that comes out today

Sacrilege!

(...but so true...)

DooMBoy said:

It's a good idea to make a nightmare themed wad for Ultimate Doom, only the first time it was attempted it fizzled out and that was that, I guess.
Oh, it would be a good idea to come up with your own level names instead of whoring off of Heretic.

I know. Heheheh.
Quay stays; the rest are only until I think of good ones.

By the way, Earthworm Jim, what do you think this wad is? EPISODE 1?!?! Heh

Graf Zahl : Yeah, but I actually know what Quay means!

He is not earthworm jim, he is cyb and he is a moderator. But for something more on subject: What will the theme be like? Obviously you can not use many textures from the previous episodes, you will have to invent some of your own.